Mr. Bean in Spanish

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Otispq, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    So I was just flipping thru the channels when I saw Mr. Bean and thought "why not" and put the remote down. He's doin his usual thing in relative silence, muttering here and there when I realize that the mutterings are in Spanish. I don't speak Spanish at all and yet I was able to watch the rest of the episode without any problems cuz the dialogue is so minimal. It wasn't necessarily any funnier, but it got me thinking: "what other shows are like that?"
    So my question is just that, what other shows out there could you watch in a foreign language and still enjoy watching?

2. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Somebody is going to say Baywatch, so it might as well be me.

Actually, it'd probably be better dubbed in a different language considering the acting ability of the cast.

3. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

I saw baywatch once in spanish...I can tell you is nonsensical no matter what language you seen in it...

that being said I cant think of anything being more enjoyable....but some of my friends displayed entretainment when they watched gundam with chinese subs without knowing what it said. their reason was "pretty colors and ownage without having to understand the storyline" ....then again they arent very brigth....

4. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    Yeah, baywatch in any language is still baywatch...

and speaking of gundam, power rangers never made sense in english, so I guess I'd add that to the list, except power rangers isn't actually enjoyable regardless of the language IMO.

5. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

I should try that with assorted 70s and 80s shows, not having a clue what is being said will probably give me a better idea of whats supposed to be going on then english TV dubs of that era.

6. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

I've watched the Simpsons in Spanish. Pretty funny stuff just cause it sounds so different and the Spanish VA's have their own unique take on the characters.

What's also cool is watching a typical Hollywood movie with Spanish subtitles. I watched Dogma like this and was cracking up because the heavy English swearing is totally watered down in the Spanish subtitles.

Good stuff.

7. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

I once saw an episode of Family Matters in Germany... in German. For some reason watching a cast of African Americans speaking in German was hilarious. :D 

8. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

Haben Sie alle Kääääääääääääse?

9. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

My father watches pbs and one of the shows he would watch was mr.bean. I always found the whole silent comedy thing rather amusing.