Mr. America and The Revenge of Starscream

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by TFJOEproducer, Oct 16, 2008.

1. TFJOEproducer

TFJOEproducer New Member

Hey guys,

I recently wrote spec scripts based on the old Transformers and G.I. Joe cartoons. My plan was to have them released as direct to DVD releases without having to have a toy line tie-in. I hired an entertainment attorney to try and shop the scripts for me, hoping that a studio would like them and pursue the rights from Hasbro.

Unfortunately for me though, it turns out that it's just the opposite. You have to get the rights first, and without the rights no studio will read them. When I contacted Hasbro, they sent me a letter saying they could not grant me the rights to work with the properties because they were "well under way with both projects." So your guess of what their next move will be is just as good as mine.

After no one would read my scripts, I contacted Ron Friedman (sorry, but I can't reveal personal info for the best TF and Joe writer ever!) He suggested to me that I post my scripts online for the fans to see in hopes that a producer may see them and want to produce them. Ron admitted to me that it would probably be unlikely that would happen, but thought it would be well worth my time and effort anyway.

I think I've come just about as close as any one person could come to re-imagining both universes without collaborating with another writer. It may be unrealistic to think my scripts will ever be produced, simply because the original writers may have laid out scripts before the shows ended just to keep someone like me from coming along 20 years later trying to take the job from them that they had first. That's purely my speculation though, as I've never had anyone tell me that who I've talked to who's worked on the old cartoons.

So now that my scripts are online for the world to see, I hope you guys will enjoy them. For the wrestling fans out there, I think you'll really like how I've tied in the WWE with G.I. Joe in a realistic and believable way. I know that some of you will probably criticize me for one reason or another, and I wouldn't expect to put my scripts online without it. But trust me when I say that the WWE is probably more interested in seeing an animated 80's G.I. Joe movie than the people who you'd expect to be.

Thank you all for reading.

Mr. America and the Revenge of Starscream

2. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    ......Wrong forum.

3. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    Hmmm, not bad, but even as a gestalt the Dinobots wouldn't be able to take on Trypticon and beat him. They're big, but not THAT big. It also seems like you took several plots from Seasons 2 and 3 and mashed them together.

But anyway if you want this produced so badly, why not find some animators to make a fan movie? Say, do it in short Flash installments or something.

--Moony