mps

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Grimlockprime16, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Grimlockprime16

Grimlockprime16 Me Grimlock King!

so im thinking about getting my first mp but i dont know if there the high cost. ive never played with 1 as i dont know anybody else around here who is into tfs. so r they worth it?

2. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yes, completely worth it, i play with mine pretty frequently, they are complicated but rewarding lol. get the MP skywarp that is out now, since it is cheap, see if you like it

3. Grimlockprime16

is that the wm 1

4. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah, i think it is the cheapest one available, i have the japanese skywarp, i love it

5. Grimlockprime16

can i get that at wm.com

6. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    nah dude, get grimlock, hes the best

7. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    can't see it on there, grimlock is next on my list, with thundercracker

8. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Unless I missed something, he hasn't been spotted yet in the US, and the release date (from the Botcon display, or SDCC) said 11/1/09 or something close to there. When he comes out, he should be on Walmart.com (MP Starscream did), but if you go that route, you will have to act pretty fast because it will sell out fast.

I would recomend that Skywarp. I would also recomend picking up the MP-04 re-release, and Grimlock. The US Starscream can also be found relatively cheap ($60-$70), and I think it is a pretty good figure.

9. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

MP Prime!!!! Not only is he the best Prime ever, but possibly the best MP. And if you get the 20th Anni. version as I did (rather than the superior MP version that I wish I'd gotten) it won't cost you as much.

10. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    You can get 20th Anniv Prime pretty cheap
    Starscream is reasonably priced, Skywarp will be too when you guys get him (I bought him in the UK for a nice price last week)
    Grimlock and Megatron are the most expensive.

Grimlock is the best, then Prime, then the seekers. I don't have Megatron, I don't really like the look of it for the price it commands.

11. starsaber888

starsaber888 Well-Known Member

MP04 is the best.

12. Swoop

Swoop Well-Known Member

Get Prime and Grimlock first (both as good as each other), then Megatron, then Starscream and his repaints. The Starscream mould has terrible QC and got fucked around by the designer who turned a perfect prototype into what he thought a jet TF should look like.

13. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

how so?

as far as i was aware the only thing thing wrong with the mold was the hipkibble, and the issues with the wing joints.

14. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Couldn't disagree more. I find MP Prime to be horribly overrated. He looks nice in robot mode and all, but all the diecast severely limits his poseability - hell, he can't even stand up straight. Vehicle mode, meanwhile, is a bit of a mess as it was pretty much an afterthought. There are several Optimus Prime figures that are far more poseable, have much nicer vehicle modes, and are all around lots more fun than the MP version. I don't regret buying the thing, I just don't think it's nearly as awesome as people keep claiming he is.

15. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    If your looking for a MP to transformer and play with get MP grimlock or Prime!!!! You can't play with MP Megatron or Starscream.

16. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    MP-01 is the only REAl Masterpiece for me.

17. TransFan1996

TransFan1996 Well-Known Member

Meatron!

18. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I vehemently disagree. I got the MP version when it came out and I'd rate him as my least favorite Transformer in my collection. His size makes him essentially undisplayable*, his transformation is nothing noteworthy other then being almost needlessly complicated, his alt mode was clearly low prioritized and inaccurate. Then mine also has such a terribly loose ball joint in his ankle that the poorly designed half cup socket won't stay connected to, resulting in the figure being highly prone to falling over and the foot to fall off if you even think about the figure.

I've never sold a transformer from my collection, but Prime has tempted me a number of times.

Never again have I bought an MP. I took the chance on Prime, I hear horror stories about Megatron breaking, the seeker mold has those hip panels that they couldn't do anything about and photoshopped out on the box art that looks terrible IMHO compared to even the Classic Seeker mold. Grimlock doesn't seem to be too bad though. Plus for a line with only 3 unique molds at a collectors price tag, they've done a terrible job of scale.

*While he looks fine on his own, next to other Transformers he looks stupidly out of place IMHO. Say what you will, but he even looks out of place next to Alts.

19. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

Wow.....no love for MP Prime, I'm shocked! I love this toy! He's great. He never falls over, can pose like a mo.fo. has great details, is damn show accurate (far more that the other MPs), is totally solid and you can play with him! Try taking Screamer off the shelf and Transforming him back and forth a few times and see how fun it is. It's not, it's a chore. Prime's Transformation is easy, yet still fun with a few nice complicated parts.

20. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MP Prime is my favorite followed by MP Grimlock.