MPM-6 Ironhide

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by is456, Jan 9, 2018.

1. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup- otherwise, it’s another mp tracks situation- unplayable, unposeable because he doesn’t stay tabbed together.

2. Lukelbs

Lukelbs Well-Known Member

I feel more like it's a new line and they are easing into it. Each one gets better and aside from the accuracy issue with MPM-07, he has great QC from what I can tell, a fair amount of paint and accessories, and feels like a quality figure. Same goes for Barricade. I think as we get further into the releases the quality and intricacies will increase just the normal MP line.
    I transform mine a lot. That's how I play with them.

• Like Like x 8
  3. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Wait, a reviewer has Ironhide? What are you referring to?

4. Dudicus

Dudicus G2 Combiner dudebro

News Credits:
    This is the first I’ve heard of any issues with Tracks. I have all three uses of that mold and have never had any issues with it staying tabbed together in either mode.

5. Majestic Senzu

Majestic Senzu Professional Chain Yanker TFW2005 Supporter

@oku posted something about a Chinese guy that has a review for the figure. Skeptical here because 1. no pics or videos from the source afaik, 2. it could be an old copy

EDIT: quoted

• Like Like x 1
  6. BWfan86

News Credits:
    Widespread issue for the original mold at least that his chest becomes untabbed when reposing the arms

7. Datsun87

Datsun87 Doomed shuttle casualty

Yeah I could believe that if these were 100% new designs but that isn't the case. Both movie Bumblebee and movie Prime had over 10 years worth of releases to find the sweet spot for engineering and paint applications. It isn't a good look for the line when the two most iconic Bots debut with budget paint applications while their G1 and BW counterparts are fully painted. It becomes even more embarrassing when the paint applications on the "Masterpiece" versions aren't even as thorough as the later releases from the original movies.

Battle Blades Bumblebee and APS-01U set the standard for premium paint applications for Bee and Prime. It shouldn't take a 3rd party like LT to do something that should've been on those figures since day 1.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Ah, thanks! Well, considering the delay, this is probably the exact issue they're trying to fix before releasing it.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Majestic Senzu

Majestic Senzu Professional Chain Yanker TFW2005 Supporter

That's what I am hoping too.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lukelbs

Honestly, I don't see any difference in quality between my Takara MPM-04 Optimus and my MP-10 Optimus, but that's just me. The movie molds are far more detailed and broken up in comparison to the G1 designs, it may look like there is less paint because there are so many more details that are left unpainted. On MP figures there is less noticable detail and so there is less to paint. Again, this is just my opinion, but from the MP molds I've handled versus the MPM figures I own, I don't see the corner cutting you've mentioned. While I agree that there are much better painted versions of the Leader Class Prime, they are also better painted than both MP-10 and MP Bumblebee, so I don't think they should even factor on how the MP and MPM lines are compared.
    Just my :2c: .

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  11. BWfan86

News Credits:
    This.

• Like Like x 3
  12. BWfan86

News Credits:
    I don’t think comparing them with MP10 is a fair comparison in terms of complexity and pain apps. The MP line really exploded and developed news guidelines and higher budgets after the first wave of carbots proved successful

• Like Like x 1
  13. tonysandlin

tonysandlin Well-Known Member

Both Bumblebee and Prime are arguably the best versions of their characters, accuracy and engineering wise. Bumblebee has no widespread QC issues and the paint is up to standards. Aside from Prime's tabbing issues and maybe his lack of paint in a few areas, there is nothing embarrassing about this line so far.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Lukelbs

That's my point, the MPM line is new. We can't expect the same from a new line as we can for a long running successful line. That's is exactly why the comparison works. It is not fair to compare MP V3 Optimus Prime to MPM Prime. As the MP line continued the designs paint and accessories all got much better. I think the same trend will happen with MPM if it is successful.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Datsun87

Datsun87 Doomed shuttle casualty

MP G1 Prime (both v1 and v2) have at least as much paint applications as the show and movie. They reflect the source material colors well.

MP BW Optimus Primal matches the CG to an amazing degree. If there are differences to the source material colors, they are hard to find.

MPM Prime is barely painted better than the original domestic RotF leader. It doesn't even come close to the level of color accuracy the G1 or BW MPs do.

I could give the MPM Prime a pass for colors if it was the absolute best version of the character to come out but Buster and APS-01U exist.

This isn't a question of engineering. The colors on both are cheaply applied by MP standards. Battle Blades Bumblebee, a retail deluxe, is more accurately painted than MPM-3. MPM-4 looks cheap next to APS-01U or even Buster Prime.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Not only is the line new, the price difference is huge. I don't know why anyone would compare a $120 figure to a $300+ figure.

• Like Like x 11
  17. artimus prime

artimus prime Articulation Junkie... I'm a poser

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You hit the nail on the head. My gripe is that we're being shortchanged on the budget. Beast Wars is also a new MP line and the budget for it is as large as G1... maybe even more.

Edit: One thing that I do like is that we're getting more releases than the other lines a year.

• Like Like x 7
  18. tonysandlin

tonysandlin Well-Known Member

Well, you mentioned engineering, so I was just responding to that. And I'm not sure how BBBB is better painted . It's not more accurate for the simple fact that they are two different Camaros. Unless you're referring to the shade of yellow? MPM04 is admittedly underpainted when compared to that reissue Prime, but I'm not buying it with your argument about MPM03. Unless, again, you're referring specifically to the shade of yellow.

• Like Like x 2
  19. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    What little paint there is.
    That’s why I’m replacing my MPM BB with a KO.

• Like Like x 2
  20. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The difference being that Hasbro was hoping to push the MPM line in North American retail, so the price points are a little more aggressive there, so they weren't allowed to go all out with the deco and such. MP BW was more free to do as it needed, with only Japanese retail to be concerned with.

• Like Like x 1