MPM-1 Masterpiese Starscream

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by UMC, Oct 29, 2010.

1. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just to be clear, which of the three versions of battle ops BB do you have?

Are you saying the costco version doesn't have the metallic finish?

2. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't have a version of Battle Ops BB in fact I have no movie TF's at all this Masterpiece BB will be my first movie toy. When I say my car I'm talking about the one I drive.

3. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Still hate the giant torso of the movie seekers. Alt mode is awesome looking, robot mode does nothing for me.

4. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice!

I'm hoping the masterpiece version has the full body paint job like the Alternity and Binaltechs used to have. The pictures I've seen certainly look like it might, but I don't think that's know for sure yet.

If it does, I'll probably get it, if it doesn't I probably won't.

5. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Like so many of Takara versions of Hasbro figures lately, not nice or different enough to warrant me splashing out the extra coin on.

6. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    That gallery makes me glad I went ahead and pre-ordered MP Movie SS.

FYI, I just got an email notifying me that he has arrived at the BBTS warehouse. I should have him soon.

7. kensou

kensou Well-Known Member

So classic. I belieced that any repaint or restoration would be coming. No other toy can take my eyes out of MPM-1.

8. imranbecks

imranbecks Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks great! Will be collecting the figure tomorrow!

I'll be pasting the USAF stickers on him and not the decepticon symbols...

9. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    I got mine yesterday. The detail is fantastic. Though in retrospect it's too much money (to me) for a movie figure.

Randy

10. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good to see they changed the red symbol on his head, it stuck out like a sore thumb...still, I'm really glad I got the 'regular' version with the tattoos.

When I first saw this figure I was really tempted to get it because I didn't really like the tattoos, but now that I own the normal one I'm happy they're really not too bad. I think I actually prefer the overall 'soft' look compared to the shinier look of this one. And I paid half too!

This version is a GREAT toy but long story short: prices considered, I'm more than happy with the Hasbro version.

11. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

I actually prefer the Hasbro version - Starscream just looks badass with those tattoos, I hope he keeps them in DOTM.

Still a good looking figure, it's a fantastic mold, easily the best of the ROTF line, and probably one of the best leader-class TFs ever.

12. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    ...Except they aren't wrong. Some of the movie leaders do (Prime, Starscream, Bumblebee). Some don't (both Megatrons, Jetfire, Brawl and movie 1 Prime (last two are good but not MP good)).

13. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    I still think Starscream falls inbetween there. If it weren't for those lights in the air intake sections, the legs could have fit in there, making it a thinner jet.

Even if electro gizmos are to stay, why the hell aren't they switching to button cell batteries instead of AA penlites ? Would be way better solution for the engineering.

14. imranbecks

imranbecks Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Anyone has any clue which tail call sign did Starscream have in the first movie? Its really hard to spot it in the movie... Since there are 2 different ones on the decal sheet.. One being FF 1st FW and FF 192 FW.. Which one was used in the movie???

15. Jetfire5

Jetfire5 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nebular repaint or GTFO.

16. Moonhawk

Moonhawk Well-Known Member

Bot mode looks ok - but the jet is rubbish from any angle that shows the mess that is the underside. Far too much going on for my liking - the F15 mould for the other masterpiece seekers were passable - but this F22 is is nowhere near.

17. Shaba

Shaba Decepticon femme TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    FF 1FW would be the correct tailcode.

[​IMG]

That's the clearest image that I can find from the movie. He also wears the FF1FW tailcode in Reign of Starscream.

As for the MPM-1 figure, I would have to pass, even though the accurate colors and markings score big time with me as well as having it on a nice display stand.

However, it is the same exact mold that was used for Hasbro's LC version...that shouldn't qualify as 'Masterpiece' material to me. I see true Masterpiece Tfs and I see a clean, streamlined alt-mode with zero kibble. Unfortunately, the LC figures have kibble due to the 'bells and whistles' a.k.a. the lights and sound electronics+battery compartments that they put in them. That, IMO, puts LC figures a notch below 'Masterpiece' status.

Maybe if Hastak produces a mold that's stripped of electronics, color/markings accurate, and the super paint detailing/poseability, for $100+...I just might buy.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  18. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    CGI SS is different than filming SS. The actual F-22 filmed in 07 was coded ED.

19. Shaba

Shaba Decepticon femme TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yes, for TF1, they used an Edwards AFB-based Raptor (ED). For the CGI Starscream, though, they gave him the Langley 1st Fighter Wing markings...not exactly sure why.

Again, in ROTF, a Holloman AFB-based jet was used for filming, however, for CGI, the FF 1FW markings remained (and the 'tattoos' were added as well).

Therefore, the decals that come with MPM-1 are correct (not sure why it also includes the 192FW decals as well...choice, I guess).

20. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    I wish the eye slits were painted like in the promotional images. Still he's loaded with paint.

Randy