MP5 Megatron Upgrade Set: Displayable? Any Good?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by VE Telus, Aug 6, 2009.

1. VE Telus

VE Telus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm thinking about getting the MP5 Upgrade package for Masterpiece Megatron. I know, I'm late into the game, but for years I've successfully avoided getting the set as I've never really found a good place to display him.

I still haven't found that place, but am curious: to those who have the upgrade set, is it any good after all these years? And do you display it attached in gun mode, or as the gun station with a robot mode Megatron?

And lastly, how *do* you display the long alt. mode properly? Would it not be at an angle? Did you clear shelf-space, or is it out in the open? Any pictures?

I'm a little torn on this. Should I get it? Should I not? Help me decide!

PS: Does the plug remove easily, for those who got modified versions?

2. fisch

fisch In a room...WITH A MOOSE!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well I dont have the upgrade kit, but I think MP Megatron should only be displayed in Bot mode.
    I had my TFC #6 Megatron in gun form sitting just in front of MP and the TFC box sitting behind them.

I dont have pics, cause I'm boxing everything up for my relocation.

3. lilgreenlude93

lilgreenlude93 Well-Known Member

I have Megs in Bot mode with the attachment in cannon mode behind him in. My display case really doesn't have space for it, but I got it in there at a wierd angle. Oh, the upgrade plug came out really easy on mine.
    [​IMG]

4. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I ended up getting a second MP Megs to display mine with it attached in alt mode. It's a damn good quality kit, it even adds a little more die-cast to Megs.

5. leov36

leov36 Rubber Wheel'd UM

i had these same questions/concerns when i thought about buying the upgrade kit, i ended up just using megs g1 reissue for display in gun mode and mp megs for display in robot mode