MP4 thoughts

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Prowl2000, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Prowl2000

Prowl2000 Keep it sealed TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I was just looking at this guy on BigbadToystore and was wondering what the people who have it thoughts are?

2. Psycho_Mantis

Psycho_Mantis Well-Known Member

to me honestly, MP4 looks like my 20th Ann.Prime but with a trailor...

3. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I bought an extra MP-04 to keep MISB since I already have MP-01 on display and was able to buy an official MP-04 trailer to go along with it. The only thing I can really say about it is, yeah, like people have already pointed out, the quality control for the MP-04 run seemed to go down a bit when compared to MP-01. The alignment of plastic on mine seems a bit off on the legs & feet, and kind of looks blotchy where it's glued together on the top of the feet. Plus the chest doors seem to have a bigger gap between them than even MP-01 had - which was really bad in some cases.

I dunno, I'd almost suggest that if you're buying this edition online, that you ask who you're buying it from to open it up and inspect it before it's sent off. Because it REALLY sucks to find all these little nitpicks after you already paid for it. Mine is good enough to keep, but if I was able to see it before I bought it, I probably would have passed and waited for a better one.

4. Prowl2000

Prowl2000 Keep it sealed TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Thanks for the feedback. I already have two 20th Ann primes, one sealed one open for display. I've been hearing and seeing that a lot with the Japanese toy QA since Takara was bought

5. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

I love MP-4 but the QC on it sucks. I bought one to open and keep in truck mode because of the trailer. The chest door alignment sucks and the paint is awful. I had to kitbash my Prime into a Prime! Well, I didnt go to that degree but I did have to touch up the paint quite a bit and it's still blotchy, no where near a perfect edition, especially since the price tag is so high.
    I love the trailer though!

6. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

It's going to be the one thing I smile at everytime I glance at the Alt display for sure. Totally.