MP3: Wii cannot read disc.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Gigatron_2005, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

okay. So Im all excited to bring home Metroid Prime 3, I put the disc into the wii, the update installs, the Wii restarts. I then go to the Disc channel, the image loads, and the music starts playing. I press start..... then I get an error saying that the wii cannot read the disc. :( 

I called Nintedno tech support, they want me to send the wii and everything in to see whats wrong with it. But could this just be a bad Prime 3 disc? Has anybody else had this problem? Should I try and return the game to the store to get a new disc?

2. Greenshadow0

Greenshadow0 Well-Known Member

I say try the usual techniques: blow on disc, in the disc compartment, rub the disk lightly with a tissue.

If thoes fail, I say try to return it for another.

EDIT: Though I've not gotten Metroid Prime 3 yet, so I can't vouch that mine worked or didn't work.

3. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

That's happened to me numerous times with other games. Just turn it off and try again. Nothing to be scared of

4. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    If it only does it on Metroid then I say go back to the store and get another copy.

5. Thorns2010

Thorns2010 Well-Known Member

Hehe, I thought you were trying to listen to MP3's on your Wii. And I was like 'Its suppose to play those??'

6. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Ok. After several attempts at unplugging even the power, I went and returned the disc. Popped the new one in, and bam! That wonderful music and start screen! The game boots up now and everything. Guess I wont have to send my Wii in after all. I also saw that there were some other people on other forums that had the exact same problem, looks like there may just be some bad discs floating around out there.

7. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Well that's certainly good.