MP3 Soundwave

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Riot1913, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Riot1913

Riot1913 Trouble Maker

Who here in the States is getting it? Is it worth it?

2. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    Patently waiting for mine. I pre-ordered the day they went up at BBTS, I had to get the two pack though with the white and the blue, because they were all sold out of the blue by the time I got over there. That’s kool though, I was kinda up in the air about which one to get, so I guess it made my decision easier for me, just had to get both… lol. Still haven’t ordered the Rumble/Frenzy headphones though, don’t know if I like them enough to pay that price for them, but it would be kool to have 10 years down the road… Mp3 Soundwave with the matching headphones as a set, hopefully they’ll get released stateside and I’ll be able pick them up at a better price.

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    It's hard to tell if it's worth it, since few details on function have actually been shared.

4. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Other then the fact it has a Mini SD card slot and plays MP3s, I don't think any details of it's functions have been mentioned. I'm personnally waiting to hear more about how it *works* before deciding whether to get it or not.

5. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Joel must have got more, I ordered the blue one just the other day. I am still on the fence about the head phones though. The new pic posted yesterday looked kinda cool.

6. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I'm passing since I already have an iPod

7. sparkimusprime

sparkimusprime Coffee+Black=Delicious

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I preordered the blue one a while ago from bbts as well. I want an ipod in the future, but if this thing performs just the tasks mentioned above I'll be happy with it. Besides, by using a memory card you won't have the restrictions that are imparted with the ipod. I.E. ripping music from a friend's computer. Why can the ipod only work with one computer why? I don't want to have to delete the library and re-register just because I'm switching. So yeah, blue soundwave all the way.

8. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    There are simple ways to get around the ipod limitations.

9. sparkimusprime

sparkimusprime Coffee+Black=Delicious

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Really? I don't own one yet so I don't know all the neat little tricks. How do you get around it for future reference?

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'd love to get one, but with college, a car, botcon, and some other stuff, I won't be able to save up enough money to get one of these for a good while. Probably not untill October-November of this year. Will these and the headphones still be widely available then?

11. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    There are many programs out there that can replace iTunes (which is utter crap, IMO), and there are also small programs that can be loaded directly onto the iPod that allow it to transfer data off the device. I haven't personally used the second option, but I do use an iTunes replacement (yamipod) that makes things MUCH simpler.

If done correctly, neither option will harm or void the warranty.

12. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've got blue Soundwave on preorder from Fantofan (my first with 'em). I'd say the price probably isn't worth it just as a (probably) roughly deluxe-sized toy, but I can appreciate the MP3-player aspect (as it stands my only portable player is my PalmPilot), especially if I can just load MP3s onto the SD card from my computer without any special software requirements.