mp3 info editor

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by ckhtiger, Feb 16, 2011.

1. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I'm not all that computer literate, so I need some help with what I think is a simple problem. a friend gave me a mp3 cd with like 500 songs that were from a large compilation collection. I want to put them on my zune mp3 player, but for some reason, the album titles are all over the place. some have the title of the compilation (which I want them to have) and some have the original album name that the songs first appeared on (which I don't want them to have).

so I want to change this before putting them on my mp3 player, because I'm afraid if I don't, I'll suddenly have like 300 new "album titles" on the player, which will just make everything a mess. I think I need a metadata editor, but every one I've looked at uses technical jargon that's above my head, and I can't figure them out. can anyone provide me a step-by-step rundown of what I need to do (keeping in mind my lack of familiarity on the subject) and how to do it?

2. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    Winamp allows you to edit MP3 tags just by right-clicking on them in the playlist window. That's what I use but I know there are other programs out there. Your Zune software might even be able to do it.

3. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    You can edit metadata right in windows by right clicking and selecting properties. You can do that to multiple files at the same time if you wanted to change the artist and album for multiple songs at once. Most audio players will do that as well. Of course you would have to put the songs on your HDD first.

4. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

oh snap! that worked! thanks man, that was super easy!

5. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Also, run them through Windows Media Player or Media Center. They will automatically fill in the missing info. Once that's done, it should assist you in placing them in the right album folders and so on.