MP29+ Shockwave And MP36+ Megatron G1 Toy Colors

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, May 9, 2018.

1. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

That accounts for the chest but not the gun mode and by extension the robot mode back.

2. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now I know why where Megatron (Titans Return) got his HAIRY CHEST stickers (I\'m annoyed by that stickers).

3. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

I wish the whole barrel and grey parts were chrome like . I know the toys wasn\'t but it looks odd in bot mode while the G1 toy didn\'t look odd to me.

This shot just looks off to me. It's like he didn't pay for a full paint job.

Screenshot_20180607-211246.png

• Like Like x 4
  4. Pichomp

Pichomp Well-Known Member

This looks like it hurts.:confused: 
    D26AC319-FE6F-4240-93C4-460E3F192C04.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am disappointed of the two tone chrome and grayish plastic which make the figure look bad.

• Like Like x 3
  6. artimus prime

artimus prime SCALE Debater that collects multiple TF lines TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    When I look at MP-36+'s butt....

[​IMG]

7. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I definitely agree with you but unfortunately Takaratomy's point of view is making money, they will just fully utilised their existing mold to the fullest.

8. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

...the two tones wouldn't clash if they were both warm grays or both cool greys, but mixing both together is a tough pallate to pull off...

edit: ...took awhile to find an old picture of my two-tone hardtop; forgive the awkward crop...
    FAA2031C-2A0B-4C84-8FEA-3E5C24F98871.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Veleno

Veleno Well-Known Member

I kind of wished that Megs would have some rub symbols on the sides of the handle, but now seeing the placements of the insignias in bot mode...

10. bnkpro

bnkpro Active Member

I just wished they didnt go with light piping with Shockwave. Throw some paint on that thing.

11. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

...why, oh why, isn't shockwave's hose black?!.

12. Rated X

Rated X Well-Known Member

Personally I think you are rude. Youre trying to put words in my mouth that I never said. Interpret my original comment however you like, but remember you do not speak for me. Nobody told you that you weren't allowed to be a fan. Dont know where you pulled that out of. I never called your feeling "invalid" but if you want to pick fights by calling people rude because they dont act like you, im not that guy. The one thing we know that is FACT is that the MP-36 mold is based off of the cartoon animation. (Hence no trigger crotch) You can paint him pink with purple polka dots and he will still be a cartoon animation mold no matter how much you like it or hate it. So going back to my original comment that started this all, I dont get why a cartoon accurate mold would need a "toy" accurate deco. MP-36 does not look like it jumped out of the box art. It looks like Sunbow Megatron with a god awful forhead. And thats coming from a "dude" that owns a vintage 1984 Megatron. But guess what, if that mix and match combination is what tickles your pickle, by all means go get him and enjoy him. Ill stick with the original deco for my MP shelf. But if I "dont get" why you like it so much, understand I dont have mind reading powers. You want to explain why you like it, hey its all good. But no need to come at peope as an agressor. Stop trying to put words in peoples mouths that were never said. Once again, thanks in advance. I dont come from the place where thanking people or using the term "dude" is considered rude.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's a nice variant, and I do like the diaclone-style head (always a sucker for those!) but maybe I've been conditioned by Takara into expecting a more 'toon look now because I'm going to pass. The colours are a bit jarring for my tastes, but no doubt the mould has proven itself pretty flexible.

I'd really like to see more shots of Shockers in-hand to see if the finish looks as buttery as the previous release, because that I really could be in for.

14. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    What the hell...takara based the deco on GOODBYE MEGATRON from 86 or 87! Man I wish they used the deco from the Dreamwave boxed reissue!

• Like Like x 1
  15. atomD21

atomD21 Well-Known Member

While these both look awesome, I couldn\'t help but laugh at Megatron\'s new butt cheek tats. 

16. Type-R

Type-R blissed off my chonk!

News Credits:
  17. Type-R

News Credits:
  18. Type-R

News Credits:
  19. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    So he doesn't come with the Key to Vector Sigma, his sword, gun ir flail and the new face and chest are replacements for the battle-damaged face and chest (which are also not included)?

That... kind of really sucks. If I wasn't such a passionate Megatron collector this would be an easy toy to skip. The half-way between the original Takara release and the original Hasbro release that they've done with the deco is also a bit of a weird look.

• Like Like x 1
  20. WinstoBot

WinstoBot Well-Known Member

I can't get over how Takara is so perfectly able to capture the G1 boxart face of Megatron so well here. Damn! That face is like a time warp pulling my mind back to the mid 80's. The Shocky+ here seem to have a translucent eye that doesn't look greenish when it glows. Nice.

• Like Like x 6