MP15/16-E

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by oku, Jun 21, 2017.

1. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    No, Quake is as he shipped. And to me there's a rather sizeable difference between a remolded face plate and a flat out head swap. Also, what do you mean by that last line? If they had remolded, say, Classics Thundercracker for no apparent reason, I'd actively search out a repaint instead of a remold, or I would customize it. I don't turn down repaints or remolds, mind you, but I do like a little bit of harmony. And somewhere in the back of my mind, just so you know, it does bug me a tiny bit that TR Brainstorm/Blurr and Chromedome share a weapon. I don't care if I get ridiculed or people don't understand, it's the way my mind organized and compartmentalizes things.

2. Psvforever

Psvforever Active Member

I don’t know what it is but these are an easy pass for me.

Blaster, I won’t be preordering either Il see how it goes, I was never big on his character and I’d rather bolster my Decepticon army than another Autobot that I don’t care for.

3. psychography2

psychography2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've never met you and only know you from the last few pages of this thread where you go on and on about weapon arrangement, but if you do this in real life and this ACTUALLY causes you this much distress, you need therapy and medication. This is an unbelievably minor thing, and considering you don't even own the figures you're getting fired up over, this is a bit much.

This is not a criticism. This is a concerned person saying you should probably seek professional help.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    All four of these masterpiece toys in this set are homaging the four cassettes that came with Encore Twincast and Soundblaster. I don't get what you mean by "an all entirely different thing". The fact that Wingthing was originally an Action Master partner doesn't matter; although if Wingthing wasn't repainted from Ratbat previously, he wouldn't have gotten a Masterpiece toy repainted from Ratbat. Sure the Ravage mold may be the weakest, but they weren't going to drop Stripes because of that. And molds need to be repainted more times than just the iconic original characters. I'd rather Enemy than these...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. SelectedLime375

SelectedLime375 Luna1 Matrix Magic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    My preorder from BBTS came in.

• Like Like x 1
  6. G1Prowl

News Credits:
    Therapy and medication? I defended a response, and fail to see how that equates to a mental issue that makes me nonfunctional without medical and chemical assistance. Stating an organizational preference, then defending it, does NOT equal psychoses or mental acuity issues.

If I said that I was going to boycott Takara over this, I'd say you have a leg to stand on. But I didn't, and you don't.

I do have to compliment you on one thing, you found the one instance where I WOULD care what people think, as what you think is judgmental, condescending, and borderline offensive.

7. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Chemical Shoes

Yeah, that was a bit much.

8. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It was a bit much, but you kept throwing out the word OCD over and over. (In fairness, a lot of people on this board do) It’s actually a serious disorder that can be treated with medication.

• Like Like x 1
  9. G1Prowl

News Credits:
    Would obsessive tendencies have been better? Organizational tics? Obsessive/compulsive behavior, yeah, that will work from now on...

10. psychography2

psychography2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Or, maybe not repeatedly say you have a mental disorder? If you keep saying you have obsessive compulsive disorder, and talk about how much anxiety it gives you, then you have obsessive tendencies. In the DSM-V, the big book o' psychology in the US, OCD is now grouped with hoarding and other related disorders, whereas it was once grouped with anxiety.

A) Obsessions are defined as:
    1) Recurrent and persistent thoughts, urges, or images that are experienced, at some time during the disturbance, as intrusive and unwanted, and cause marked anxiety and distress
    2) The person attempts to suppress or ignore such thoughts, impulses, or images or to neutralize them with some other thought or action

Compulsions are defined as:
    The behaviors or mental acts are aimed at preventing or reducing distress or preventing some dreaded event or situation; however, these behaviors or mental acts either are not connected in a way that could realistically neutralize or prevent whatever they are meant to address, or they are clearly excessive

The reason I asked if you do this in real life, is because if the following are also true, you meet criteria for OCD.
    B. The obsessions or compulsions are time-consuming (e.g., take more than 1 hour per day) or cause clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning.
    C. The obsessive-compulsive symptoms are not attributable to the physiological effects of a substance (e.g., a drug of abuse, a medication) or another medical condition.
    D. The disturbance is not better explained by the symptoms of another mental disorder (e.g., excessive worries, as in generalized anxiety disorder; preoccupation with appearance, as in body dysmorphic disorder; difficulty discarding or parting with possessions, as in hoarding disorder; hair pulling, as in trichotillomania [hair-pulling disorder]; skin picking, as in excoriation [skin-picking] disorder; stereotypies, as in stereotypic movement disorder; ritualized eating behavior, as in eating disorders; preoccupation with substances or gambling, as in substance-related and addictive disorders; preoccupation with having an illness, as in illness anxiety disorder; sexual urges or fantasies, as in paraphilic disorders; impulses, as in disruptive, impulse-control, and conduct disorders; guilty ruminations, as in major depressive disorder; thought insertion or delusional preoccupations, as in schizophrenia spectrum and other psychotic disorders; or repetitive patterns of behavior, as in autism spectrum disorder).

I'm not saying this to be judgemental or condescending, I'm pointing out an issue that I see. OCD is fairly common and easily treatable with CBT therapy and an SSRI medication.

We're in a hobby prone to OCD, and I'm sure you're not the only one on this board who has symptoms of it. Again, not condescending, just pointing out a potential issue that could help you far more than weapons-swapping.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  11. HolyCulture

HolyCulture I'm so much a toon guy that I framed Roger Rabbit.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Hey guys. I’m looking for a coin. Please PM me if you don’t like coins. Thanks.

12. The Crazy Collector

The Crazy Collector Well, that's just Prime!

Ebay:
    Jeez you guys... Can't we just let G1Powl enjoy his collection however he wants?! He's not hurting anyone and if his method of collecting makes him happy and doesn't hurt himself or anyone else, what's the problem?!? Who really cares how he groups his accessories? And if he chooses to skip releases based on his preferences, then so be it! He stuck to his opinions after the first couple of replies that tried to change his mind, so really the conversation should have been over at that point.

Regarding the OCD discussion, I'm sure G1Prowl isn't clinically OCD. As has already been pointed out, the term "OCD" gets thrown around a lot (A LOT!!) by people who aren't really OCD or don't understand what it means. It's become more of a cultural catchphrase for people who like things a certain way. Furthermore, and out of simple common courtesy, any serious conversations indicating that anyone is mentally ill and/or needs medication should probably be conducted in private by PM. It's all well and good to be concerned about the mental well-being of your fellow board members, but saying they need therapy in an open discussion thread seems in poor taste...

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  13. G1Prowl

News Credits:
    So, how many G1 mold repaint homages are we needing in the MP line, now? Garboil and Howlback, and the Kiss Players suggested earlier, then Flipsides? That should cover it. Isn't it sad that a line like this can get to all these obscure repaints/remolds but the CHUG lines from HasTak blows right past them? I'd say that's infuriating, but I'm worried I might be diagnosed with something...

• Like Like x 2
  14. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    There are also Shattered Glass versions of a lot of the Cassettes

I'd personally like to see a 1986 toy colored Frenzy. Dark blue and light blue instead of purple and light blue. Gold chest details and weapons instead of silver.

15. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When is this thing being released?Im curious about steeljaw..ehm..nightstalker

16. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    I've had mine for almost a week now.

17. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh really?havent seen anyone talk about it or post any pics...How is Steeljaw?

18. Sam

Sam 255

News Credits:
    :

• Like Like x 1
  19. Type-R

Type-R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  20. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Nightstalker is nice. Similar to Ravage, but even smaller. Transformation is kind of similar. Colors are very nice.

• Like Like x 1