MP15/16-E

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by oku, Jun 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    ...followed by Zauru, Noizu, Dairu, & Gurafi :D 

• Like Like x 3
  2. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

I just hope they spent more time on Blaster than they did on the back of that black cassette.

3. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

Perhaps exclusive sets hinting at new figures is going to be a regular thing now?

4. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    I don't know, it's very unusual in practice. Granted this is a single cassette, but it's the equivalent of showing off the Police deco Diaclone Sunstreaker before revealing MP-39.

Not to mention unusual timing, this whole set just came out of nowhere. It's made up of two cassettes for Soundblaster who himself came out like three years ago, and two cassettes for a Twincast who officially doesn't exist yet in MP form.

5. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    Not interested in these but the fact it signals MP Blaster is some reason to rejoice I think. Not that I'm a huge Blaster fan but I have my fingers crossed for more '86 characters.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    They fixed the color of Stripes weapons.

Of course they did, they are our fan club.

7. danny boy

danny boy Banned

News Credits:
    I'm assuming Hasbro Asia take the initiative with these exclusives. If not for them I don't think we would have seen these and other exclusives.

8. stormflash

stormflash Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's takara

• Like Like x 1
  9. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

True but when we got plus Alert previously he ended up being used to tease Inferno who got revealed soon after. The fact that we have a Steeljaw prepaint makes it (likely) the second time they've hinted at something with an exclusive and I could possibly see them doing it again.

10. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Danny's right. It's thought (and hinted at in various interviews) that these releases which are limited TT Mall exclusives in Japan, but general release in Hasbro Asia regions are probably initiated/commissioned by Hasbro Asia. I.e. they think they have the market numbers to sell character X, ask TT to develop it, TT says hmmm OK - we'll only sell a few as an exclusive here, but the Hasbro Asia numbers make it worthwhile so there ya go, hey Kobaya... nah that work experience kid isn't doing anything, he'll do.

So it's only because of Hasbro Asia's healthy growing market that these releases such as these cassettes, the coneheads and even Thundercracker and Skywarp MP-11 versions even exist at all. Remember MP-11SW initially wasn't even released at all in Japan, despite being a TT product.

I'm happy this business model/relationship gives us characters we might never get otherwise, but it does mean we have to suck up that Hasbro Asia pricing, which was openly admitted in an interview as being essentially deliberately high to be associated with being premium and Chinese with money to burn will happily pay it!

• Like Like x 2
  11. stormflash

stormflash Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But it's listed as takara.And why would hasbro asia have the idea of it and let takara sell it then?And plus why would they sell a repaint of a figure that hasn't been released yet?

12. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

I am hoping that since we are seeing the weird re-mold (pre-mold?) of it first for Nightstalker, that when we see the (presumably) original mold made for Steeljaw, it'll look a lot nicer.

13. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1) this is the same as the coneheads
    2) takara wanted to tease Blaster

14. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    The mold was probably always designed to hide some of that back with the larger weapons used by Steeljaw. But honestly as it is I don't think it looks that bad.

15. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Sad Derpfester Noises

News Credits:
    That is a really good point, but I'm thinking more in line with what I'm probably going to end up messing around with more. As much as I like the look of the set as a whole, reality is I'm just really only going to be messing with Wingthing. The others probably will get shuffled into storage or placed on a display somewhere. There's just too much getting released that I'd prioritize over this set because of that want to mess with them. Probably going to bite me in the rump later, but can't go out and buy everything I want.

16. gordonator

gordonator Well-Known Member

The reason why Takara is releasing the cassettes first instead of MP Blaster first is probably because if they release MP Blaster first, people will be less inclined to buy reprints of the cassettes. Frankly speaking, MP Blaster will most likely come with Steeljaw and when people already have Steeljaw, they probably won't buy another 4 pieces cassettes reprint set.

• Like Like x 1
  17. FanboyX

FanboyX is a real boy

I agree Nightstalker's back end is wonky, but I like Stripes and Enemy a lot. Wing Thing would be okay since I plan on buying the MP Soundwave reissue with five cassettes and won't have Ratbat.

I actually prefer Soundblaster's color scheme, but I don't like the MP paint apps as much as MP Soundwave's and i'd rather have the five cassettes included over Ratbat alone.

If I end up double dipping for Blaster and Twincast, i'll be more likely to cave on Soundblaster. Does MP Soundblaster fit two cassettes?

18. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think he does, soundwave fits 2or 3 doesn't he? Truth be told Soundblaster wears the mold better than Soundwave I think.

19. Whovian Zorker

Whovian Zorker Well-Known Member

No.

MP Soundwave and Soundblaster can each hold three cassettes. :D 

• Like Like x 2
  20. FanboyX

FanboyX is a real boy

I've been comparing photos again today and must admit I now share this opinion. Perhaps I was trying to convince myself otherwise because they're the same price on my retailer of choice and i've heard Ratbat is disappointing compared to the other three Cassetticon molds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.