MP11 Masterpiece Starscream V2 Review

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Shin Densetsu, Apr 4, 2012.

1. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My reissue Alert has a big silver paint splotch on the arm.
    My TT prowl has a thumbprint on the trunk in the white paint.

This stuff happens.

2. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    unpainted plastic

3. battery1979

battery1979 Combiner

It has to be an actual transforming F-15 that functions both in robot and plane mode.

4. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Exactly; is that so much to ask?

5. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Personally, I think the updated Seeker mold definitely had the aesthetic down pat, however the engineering sticks out like a sore thumb. The toys designed post MP10 all had fun transformations with lots of nice sliding motions and minimal fiddling, and only used little parts when necessary. The Seeker mold, however, has clear remnants of its previous designer- the obliques on their swing arm joint are a pain, the shoulders don't plug in anywhere in robot mode, and the torso slider, oh man.

It's the things like that that make the Seeker mold my least favorite MP- it's just lacking that polish I came to expect after years of handling Hasui's work and then getting my first Seeker this year. That being said, I think that, especially with the tightened tolerances many people are reporting on this and no real major paint missing, this guy is a great deal at 60 dollars.

Shouldn't the Hasbro release get its own thread? It would definitely make sense, at this point, and I have a few photos I could toss up.

6. Underwear

Underwear Banned

News Credits:
    Yup the answer I was looking for. Very frank & straightforward. On top of that it has to include a USAF pilot on loan to us at our service for one year. The pilot is to assist us in flying the perfect transformation jet for joyrides in the sky.

All expenses paid by Hasbro.

7. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Takara one has a painted head; noticed it was painted because it scratched while transforming it. Not sure if Hasbro's is actually molded in black.

8. Peacefrog35

Peacefrog35 Well-Known Member

Hasbro head is molded in black...looks good though. Face and eyes are painted. That area is really tight to push the head through. I'd hate to have to worry about paint getting scraped off the head.

9. LoserBroadside

LoserBroadside Your ship just came in.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Cool, thanks. My Masterpice Thundercracker's painted head is almost impossible to not scratch considering how the head has to rub against all those interior parts in order to transform. That really pissed me off and made it hard to enjoy transforming that toy.

10. WinstoBot

WinstoBot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did you remember to press his "ears" in to get pass tight spots?

11. Peacefrog35

Peacefrog35 Well-Known Member

Yes, I did, but it's still a tight squeeze. :) 

12. WinstoBot

WinstoBot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Then I better be extra careful when I get mine inhand. Thanks for the forewarning.

13. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One more TRU flaw to add to my list..
    He came with two left ("driver's side") tailfins, so the one on the right sits lower and not as flush.

AGAIN, not a deal-breaker and I don't regret the purchase. The character is iconic, and looks great on the shelf. The alt mode is a great compromise between a real F-15 and a cartoon character.. Looks great. Transformation is fairly easy and way more pleasing than the original mold.

BUT it's labeled "Masterpiece," and shouldn't have so many issues. If this figure was readily available in a store, I would likely take it back to exchange for a better one. The sloppy manufacturing issues on this are really sad.
    Is this a Hasbro issue, or is TRU to blame? Anyone know how these exclusives differ in production from a regular release?

14. Mattress T

Mattress T Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Your instance is a one off, and I feel bad you did not get the high quality one I purchased. Mine is wonderful.

15. BairdimusPrime

BairdimusPrime youtube.com/billythekidsnobullshittoyreviews

News Credits:
    Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic... i just got him in the mail today its tight as can be and simply amazing!!
    looks great with Apollyon!!

Attached Files:

16. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

There was someone complaining that they got duplicate tail fins too. I don't remember if he has two left or two right, but you might want to do some digging and see if he has what you need. I think I read about it in the Masterpiece Appreciation thread.

17. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    absolutely no QC issues on mine aside from the sprue marks, but jesus fuck this mold is fiddly. what an unintuitive transformation.

18. Mattress T

Mattress T Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    ^true, but worth it in both modes.

19. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

Mine is tight. Really tight. Too tight. The plastic tolerances are out of whack on just about every joint.

I can't fold the wings up for robot mode without the left hand wing popping off (too much plastic on the hinge part).

I can't push the neck/shoulder assembly down into place without manually pushing the lateral parts of the chest apart or there's no clearance for the cockpit.

I can't fit the lower part of the cockpit down into the upper part (for robot transformation) without using my fingers to push apart the walls of the cockpit in order to clear space for the amber portion to slot in.

And obviously, the legs telescope as tightly as everyone else's. Shoulder sprues, reversed fingers. No big deals there.

Are these things worth trying to find another one? Do most of you have such unforgiving plastic so desperately in need of trimming or screw loosening or I don't know what?

20. Arduous

Arduous Megatron Rules All TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]