MP04 disappointments

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tigertrack, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Does anybody have ANY kind of disappointments with their MP04 Primes? Only two come to mind. No roller was included, and the missile launcher thing inside the trailer doesn't fire any missiles. This is kind of a bummer considering the G1 trailer had firing missiles and was much smaller.
    Since, my MP04 didn't come with Roller, I got the Masterpiece transforming Roller which I like a lot instead. But still, it should've come with those features.
    Other than that, I absolutely love my MP04 and I wouldn't part with it for anything.

2. metrotitan

metrotitan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree with the part about rollar. I also wish that the trailer would have had a few more paint aps or a sticker sheet for the inside part.....instead of making me rely on reprolabels. Those are about the only complaints that I would have, though.

3. Tigertrack

Does Repro have stickers for the MP04 Trailer?

4. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    I picked up the MP-02 upgrade with Roller so i'm happy.

Sleep convoy is badass with a clear roller.

5. metrotitan

metrotitan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whoops.....I got confused with the MP-02. I don't think there are any for the MP-04 yet (although you could just use the MP-02 sheet).

6. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

I have both the MP4 and the Justitoys Trailer which is an exact copy of the original G1 trailer, it includes Roller. For a third party trailer it is awesome!!!

7. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I'm pretty disappointed with the chest window alignment. In robot mode, the windows are flat, but in truck mode there's a slight gap toward the top. The windows kind of angle down in a V. I can't figure why, and I don't know how to fix it. :( 

8. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Nitpicking here, but the finger articulation could be better, like FP Bruticus.

9. Rodimus_Prime

Rodimus_Prime Protector

News Credits:
    I didn't get the MP4 but I did get the Sleep Convoy version, keeping it displayed in its box, MIB. But I often felt that the trailer that came with the MP4 Convoy was on the smaller side. That was my main issue along with roller, that's why I plan on getting the Igear trailer (when it is finally release) which to me is much better suited for this masterpiece than the one that MP4came with. That's just me...

10. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

The Justitoys trailer doesn't transform. Sounds like you actually have the dalianjj trailer like I have which is a larger exact copy of the G1 toy.

11. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

You are right, its really nice, but a pain to get the stickers exactly right on that thing!!!

12. jacranky

jacranky Well-Known Member

I love the MP04 that my girl got for me a while back, although I recently discovered that his right elbow doesn't fully bend to a 90-degree angle so his truck mode doesn't completely snap together like its supposed to. Not sure why.

Other than that, its great. No roller isn't a big deal for me. I found the trailer to be only useful in Truck mode anyway. Although, I do have a clear roller in my POL at BBTS for when my Sleep Mode version ships.

13. WTF2005

WTF2005 Chaos Commander

I guess as the mold is used and used and used, that part of the figure gets more and more warped over time. I've had a lot of grief over the chest window alignment. Probably only the original MP-1 and MP-2 didn't give me any grief. Could also be qc, but then again MP-4's didn't have great qc so nyah.

On topic, I agree that the trailer wasn't well-thought out due to the lack of Roller and missiles. but even the look of the trailer isn't quite flush with Optimus. The justitoys trailer did a better job with that imo.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  14. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Yeah, I have the window misalignment problem as well. The left side is a like a centimeter lower. It doesn't bother me too much but it is noticeable. Aside from that, the QC on my figure(first run MP-04) is awesome.

15. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Anyone wanting to get rid of their MP-04 I'll take it.

I have and MP-06 for trade. :) 

16. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    My MP-04 has a pretty naff alignment on the chest windows that, frankly, bugs me quite a lot. That and the toy as a whole doesn't like to balance too well because of the big diecast body. The trailer and toy both pretty much just gather dust on my shelf.

17. Tigertrack

My MP04's chest seems aligned properly, but won't lock into place, and I'm not even sure if it's supposed to. It stands very well in just about any pose I give it.
    I have no complaints about the trailer other than none-firing missiles. The Masterpiece transforming Roller is an awesome compliment to the MP04 and I'm glad I got one, he's pretty cool looking in bot mode.

18. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    I thought the mold has always had a smidgen of misalignment in the windows. My first run MP-01 does as well as my 20th anniversary. I feel like it is present in all the pictures I've seen as well