Repro/Sticker: MP Ultra Magnus Trailer

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by PrimulArchangel, Jul 17, 2008.

1. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey Guys :) 

Ok guess there isnt pics of UM trailer online to download and print out..

So i scaned mine and then i taped it all together .. I had to print it out on 10 sheets or card stock and then piece it together like a puzzel..I didnt want to destroy the one that came with my MP magnus so i did it this way to be able to make the trailer still :)  The pics came out great .

Im gonna glue the final layout to some poster board tomorrow and the cut it out and build the trailer. Have a look at the results so far..

If anyone is interested in copies of the scans to build your own trailer let me know :)  Just PM me .

PS in the pics the orginal trailer parts are on the left..

-Curt

Attached Files:

2. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Updated the orinal post . new pics :) 

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    wow that was a really really good scan, man. *L* my only complaint is how unsaturated your colors look in your printed version. I realize some of it is you didn't use glossy card stock, but did you have your printer's settings set to highest quality?

4. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The print out is actually very sharp, I looked on my printer and i couldnt find anyplace to adjust the DBI on it but it was set to high for the colors. It may have bled a tiny bit because it is flat cardstock.
    This did print out 100% better then my boxes did though. I was surprised when the first print out finished . It actually printed the tiny red diamond plate in the red center. I thought for sure that it wouldnt print that out lol but to my surprise it did ..
    The hardest part will be seeing where the bends are at now when i fold it ..

5. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

Anyway I could get a copy of one of those? PM if your down with that.

6. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pm'd you :) 
    Does anyone know if i can make a PDF file with all the scans for this? Each scan is at least 24 mb. So for me to email them would be a nightmare lol and if i put them on photobucket they will resize them.
    Any ideas ? Like a site that wont resize my images, a free site that is lol i dont want to have to join anything lol ...

Also for those that want this , there is alot of cutting imvolved after you print this out and piece it all together.. Im building mine now and its been a few hours at least so far and im still not done lol .. A friend of mine suggested printing these out on glossy photo paper and then glueing the prints to some thin foam board. This way you could just cut the pices out and build it like a 3D puzzel and dont have to worry about folding anything. So i think im going to try that next . It should go together alot nicer and but able to hold Alternators on the back :) 

7. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    well the glossy paper would make your colors look the same as the original, instead of looking washed-out like they do now. go to yahoo, and sign up for a free "briefcase" account. its like a small online harddrive.

8. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Will the yahoo site resize my pictures after i upload them like photobucket does ?
    The colors aint washed out in person , The flash from the camera is causing it to look like that. The flat finish of the card stock is just absorbing the flash an the glossy its just bouncing off of...
    I just finished building this monster and ill say this " It Was A Pain In The A$$ " lol lol
    I wont be building another one of these out of card stock again lol . When i get some extra cash i will be heading to the craft store for some foam board and photo paper lol .. I think it will be much easier with the foam because you could bypass all this foldingand taping lol .. The foam you can just cut and hot glue lol . So thats next lol
    Ill add a couple pics of this fist somewhat finished trailer , A few pieces i cut out wrong i think lol .
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just checked the yahoo breifcase , they only give you 30mb of space , that will hold 1 pic lol , ill keep looking, Thanks for that heads up though :)