Minor/Repaint: MP Thundercracker

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Razor1979, May 17, 2010.

1. Razor1979

Razor1979 Banned

Ebay:
    I know I got touch up to do ,but this is what I have so far Im looking to do all the seekers in a MP scale. My greatest task is the coneheads can anyone out there help me with Ideals on how to do the wings on Ramjet and Thrust. Thanks for looking and all suggestions welcome and greatly appreciated

I kno theres still a lil purple showing , but I ran out of the blue and gotta get more als when finished I gotta put an overcoat on it for protection curious but what do you guys consider to be the best to protect my MP
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Looking good so far. Looking foward to bot mode pics and what you haev planned for Thrust and Dirge.

3. Will of Unicron

Will of Unicron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Looks very good! Looking forward to seeing bot mode.

4. Razor1979

Razor1979 Banned

Ebay:
    I posted some bot pics what ya think

5. Jbarb78

Jbarb78 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I like the colors, looks very G1. Did you spray it or brush it? The blue looks pretty thick, I recommend building up the color slowly, with thin even coats. I've painted that figure 3 times already, I know theres a few rub spots where thicker paint might chip a bit. Krylon Fusion makes some great spray paints, their clear coat would work great to seal it. Just remember, use a steady continuous stroke left to right, overlapping half way each time. Dont be tempted to get it covered in 1 coat, build it up slowly with 2 or 3 even coats so you dont get too thick.

6. Razor1979

Razor1979 Banned

Ebay:
    Thats one coat believe it or not. I used tamiya paints which I thick it was in process of drying up . It was brushed all the way

7. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

That looks pretty good. I know it's thick paint. However you could have thinned it a bit and done the figure in several coats. Overall, Nice job

8. Razor1979

Razor1979 Banned

Ebay:
    Im gonna do another one bought some new paint

9. Jbarb78

Jbarb78 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Tamiya Acrylic is good stuff, though you can save some money on the thinner they sell, and use 91% Isopropyl Alcohol instead. Its about $2 at Walmart for a bottle 5x the size of the $7 Tamiya thinner bottle. Thin it a little at a time, get a test piece of plastic and a good brush. You'll want to thin it until your brush doesnt leave stroke marks, dont over thin it. This allows you a little more time too, since Tamiya tends too dry quickly when its thick, which causes it to peel off when you brush over it again. Another good trick is to get some Krylon Fusion spray paint while you're at Walmart, that's close to the color you're going for. That will even out the base color to get rid of the original color underneath, and give the paint you're brushing on something to adhere to. Just remember, build it up SLOWLY, never try to get it in one coat, you'll never get it evenly that way.