MP Thundercracker

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Trippanator, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Trippanator

Trippanator Autobot

Ebay:
    Has there been any news on the release of a Hasbro version on this guy? With Skywarp on his way out I seems obvious..But should I just go ahead and get the Takara release of him? Or wait it out until Hasbro says anything. Since I only plan to get him and MP Black Convoy and he isnt coming out to early next year?

Also if you have him can you give me your opinion on him? Last Thundercracker I need to complete my set of him.

2. Swoop

Swoop Well-Known Member

If mine is anything to go by, the mould is starting to get pretty degraded. And it's not just the airbrake that doesn't lie flat. In jet mode, the nosecone doesn't sit as flush as it does on Starscream and Skywarp, and the shoulder kibble bits have a noticeably increased gap between them and the arm panels.

3. Trippanator

Trippanator Autobot

Ebay:
    Anyone more help?

4. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No word of a Hasbro release, to my knowledge... but if Skywarp sells well, I'd say it's a given we'll see TC.

5. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Mine is great outside of the thrusters being reversed. If you can wait another year or so, I would, because the banana-tits on him is really annoying. I didn't think it would be that bad or noticable, but it really is when next to the rest of them.

6. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    Other than the inverted boobs, mine is perfectly fine. In fact, my Skywarp (Which is a few generations of the mold newer) has more issues, what with his canopy that doesn't want to close properly in robot mode.

Honestly, I wouldn't wait. For one, Hasbro's Skywarp isn't significantly cheaper than the Takara release, second the deco is somewhat blander. Thirdly you miss out on the subtle differences in the face sculpt (Yes, the 'normal' face, not the 'high-hand' grimace)

Takara's Thundercracker is a GORGEOUS deco, the plastic is sparkly, the paint apps are tight, and everything just pops and works.

Unless you want to wait 2 years for a flat blue Hasbro release that will save you $10.

7. Trippanator

Trippanator Autobot

Ebay:
    What are banana tits? It looks like I may be picking him up

8. barrelks

News Credits:
    If you look at the galleries on Seibertron the thrusters on his chest are reversed so they kind of flop out to the sides when compared to the other seekers. Banana-tits is what we used to call a woman with a similar problem.

9. Trippanator

Trippanator Autobot

Ebay:
    I see it now. Didnt make the connection at first lol

10. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd get the Takara version. The mold issue is a great concern. By the time Hasbro gets to him that mold might be close to scrap.

11. Trippanator

Trippanator Autobot

Ebay:
    Does anyone think I'll be able to pickup MP Black Convoy around December then? When is his release some sites say November and others say January

12. barrelks

News Credits:
    If your question is "Will it be sold out by December" I would say no, and you should have no problems finding one somewhere online through atleast the first quarter of next year. If your question is "Will I have it in hand in December?" I would say not to bank on it. Your guess is as good as mine, and a lot of this stuff seems to be getting shifted around.

13. Trippanator

Trippanator Autobot

Ebay:
    I guess I can go ahead with Thundercracker then?

14. barrelks

News Credits:
    I would. The thruster issue is the only real flaw. As someone else stated, the paint color on him is amazing. Damn good price on him on BBTS right now as well.

15. OptimusPrimeFour

OptimusPrimeFour Autobot Supreme Comander

Yo they could even try to remold the wings and such after Thundercracker (if they make one) to make MP Coneheads!

16. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay: