MP Thundercracker-how to fix?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Knightdramon, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    So, it appears that the swapped air intakes is a universal error on MP Thundercracker. Mine is pretty much perfect besides that flaw, any advice on how to fix it? Has anybody manage to do so?

BBTS is willing to accept mine back for a refund but if I can fix it myself I shouldn't have to return it. How do I remove the pins without damaging the figure?

As a last resort, even if I manage to break the air intakes, can't I just glue them on to their respective sides and call it a day?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

2. krysuk

krysuk Well-Known Member

I'm sorry
    I have MP3, MP6 and MP7 plus the US starscream repaint
    And does it really notice? Is it really that big a deal?
    I only know about it as people on the forums have been moaning - wouldnt have noticed otherwise

3. Knightdramon

News Credits:
    I also have them all and I do notice, really.

It's near impossible to flip the parts of the air intakes up because the robot chest is tightly next to it, and it DOES look wrong in robot mode.

4. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sadly those pins are damn near impossible to get out without breaking, or damaging some other portion of the bot. I'm not saying it cant be done, just unless you're really, really, really, careful you will more then likely end up breaking it.

5. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    This has already been discussed ad nauseum, and still no one has answered my question:

Does he get the same stress marks on his wings that Starscream/Skywarp do?

6. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have seen pictures and I am still unclear as to what is wrong. Please don't show me because I have 5 of this mold and other than some paint chipping I am happy with what I have.

7. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    I haven't had the time to take mine out and fiddle with it so no stress marks yet. However, it's the same mold, likely same plastic and taktomy has been letting people down on QC in general. I suspect it's inevitable.

It's probably best to do some preventative modifications, as described in these 2 posts:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...mp-starscream-stress-marks-4.html#post1812321
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...mp-starscream-stress-marks-5.html#post1813453

8. Knightdramon

News Credits:
    So...mine goes back to BBTS irregardless...

Damn shame if you ask me, but I didn't like him as much as I did Skywarp or Starscream. Perhaps the mould is over saturated to me.

Has anybody managed to reverse the intakes? I tried to a few minutes ago and had no luck at all...

9. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Removing them by cutting the connector is not a bad idea. Especially if you cut it from the inside you could glue it on and never even notice it was cut. I never open the darn things anyway.