MP Starscream WOW

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by kenm2474, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

concerning the cape.............

you wouldnt need new shoulderpads...........there are two suspicious adjustable slots on his shoulders that serve absolutley no purpose what so ever. I think these could have originally been intended for a cape accessory.

Also the two pieces on the shoulder, vent area that rotate and sit atop the shoulders in robot mode, seem to have two pieces on mp3, while usa screamer has a one piece version that pops off easily. The mp3 version doenst wanna budge.....

edit Oh and i would prefer the wings to be connected at the ankles and upside down ( wings, mind you....not faction symbols) like screamer was seen in the early UK catalogues.............

lol seriously theres way too much arguing about a sticker being rightside up or upside down lol

2. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

Is there any way to keep his cockpit/torso locked down better in robot mode? If you hold him by the head or back, the whole section slides up on mine.

3. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    God I'm never gonna get a hold of this guy...ugh.

4. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

i honestly think he will be a shelf warmer...........just like dvd prime. HE is probably gonna have huge displays at christmas. I still see mountains of primus's and dvd primes. scalpers really only seem to be interested in movie stuff mostly.........

the whole time i was looking for 08 bumblebee, i have to wade through classics and alternators and cybertron.............

5. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:
    i dunno man, hes only $50 and apparantly alot more numbered

ive been trying to beat scalpers and sell stuff on the net at cost + ship and still i end up w/ extras and ppl pay out their rear on Ebay still, why i quit buying 08 BBs, i couldnt give them away but they were still selling for $40 on ebay

6. karamazov80

karamazov80 Million Dollar Champion

Man, I wish I lived in the magic land of Oklahoma. I've only seen Alts in literally one store, and it was the lame ones.

7. deceptifocus

Ebay:
    it was the same here but it was walmart clearing out its warehouse of the wave that had skids, rollbar, sunstreaker, and ricochet, thats also why theres so many primuseses and 20th primes i hear

8. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    You wouldn't believe the epically long post I had started writing to respond to this and explain why I disagree...here's the abridged version (and it's still long!):

Primus:
    Too expensive for kids to get their parents to buy, as well as probably little interest in general; speaking as someone with a very large extended family that includes many young cousins and nephews, Power Rangers, Pokemon, Digimon, and Ben10 all trump Transformers easily. The movie has given the TF toys a massive push, but of course were talking about a toy that was shelfwarming long before the movie.

Casual fans aren't too familiar with the character (in terms of a robot mode and not just being a faceless Transformers deity) to spend $50 on, and the response was somewhat similar from the more involved fans. Please raise your hand if you waited to grab Primus on sale.

DVD Prime:
    Same story as with Primus; little kids aren't that familiar with G1 Prime and few parents are gonna spend that much money on a toy like that for junior. The price is also restrictive to casual fans*, and many hardcore fans would rather spend the extra money on the Takara or previous US version, and even if they didn't they hardly make up a large enough market to buy the overabundance of DVD Primes that were put out.

MP Starscream:

MP Screamer will be a lot more appealing to casual and hardcore fans alike. He's the first accurately colored release of a beloved G1 character and he's at an amazing price point. Add on the resurgence of TF fandom that the movie inspired in older fans that remember G1, and you have a decent market for this guy.

He may or may not be all the appealing to the younger kid market, however, from what I heard stores aren't getting many, PLUS he's exclusive to just one retail chain, and that makes him even more appealing to the shithead market (aka scalpers). If there's only 4 or 5 on the shelves, that's not very hard to buy out and drive up demand for them on eBay.

*Prior to getting into collecting Transformers, I remember seeing the first MP Prime release on shelves at Walmart. I saw it and couldn't believe it...the hero of my childhood, represented in an unbelievable looking toy...but alas, despite easily having the income at the time, I couldn't justify spending the money on it. I recall the friend I was with at the time saying something along the lines of, "you might as well get it, you don't want to end paying eBay prices when you decide you want it later...". Years later, and those words are painfully true.

9. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

Do you guys think there's any chance of JUST-IT TOYS releasing a cape and crown upgrade kit for Starscream?

10. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sob...sob...they (the MPs) look so...so...beautiful! In the first place, Takara should have given us a show accurate SS!!! Oh well, kudos to Hasbro for giving us a TV accurate Screamer!

11. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    kenm. thanks for the pictures....he does look a little smaller then i would have liked, but he might fit in with the alternators and look good, as long as i leave him in robot mode. can you take a picture or two of him with some alts?

12. lightdestroyed

lightdestroyed Stronger than all!

I want one soooo bad. What was the price? (excuse my obvious ignorance.)

13. lightdestroyed

lightdestroyed Stronger than all!

That Prime looks amazing.

14. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

should be around $50.

15. Blaster_Prime

Blaster_Prime drank the last beer

I still need to get the long smokestacks for my 20th anniversary prime...thank god I got him before the crappy plastic DVD prime came out. On a much happier note, I do beleive I am getting Masterpiece Megs for Xmas :D 

16. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Sweet I want it though depends on price

17. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    that would be so SWEET!!! i'd probably get it if i could afford it.....

and anyone who has this take pictures with alternators....please....

18. deceptifocus

Ebay:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    Nice shots there dude!

20. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, great pixs! Brings back fond memories of G1! Especially the 2nd pix where SS us being flanked by Rumble and Ravage!