MP Starscream trade opinons please...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dr. Prime, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have an opened but MIB Takara MP-3 Starscream and I would like the Walmart version for obvious reasons. I would also like to get a MP Thundercracker. So, given these choices, what would you do?

A. Trade MP-3 Starscream straight up for a Walmart Starscream, and buy MP TC

B. Trade MP-3 Starscream for MP Thundercracker, and buy Walmart SS

C. Just buy a Walmart Starscream and use the MP-3 as the stand-in for MP TC (Has anyone else done this?)

Based on eBay sales, the value of the MP-3 SS is about $150 and the WM SS is about $110. MP TC sales have been between $260-$275

If you think of any other viable options, that would be great too :D 

2. ALEXD3498

ALEXD3498 Godmaster

Dont trade Mp-03 because he is gonna get really expensive

3. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Option B isn't realistic, you'd never find somebody willing to trade Thundercracker for Greensream straight up. So it comes down to A and C, and really depends on whether you're willing to shell out $300 for a blue version of a mold you already have. Or...

iGear is said to be doing Starscream, Thundercracker, and Skywarp versions of their seeker mold eventually. Since their mold improves on the original MP mold by getting rid of the hip kibble, maybe you sell your Greenscream and put the money towards an iGear Starscream and Thundercracker. What you sell your MP-03 for should get you well over half the money you need for both. Just an idea, depending on how you feel about third party stuff.

4. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    I like this idea of buying a cheap $30 WM Skywarp and a can of paint and just do MP TC yourself,you will save about $250 that way.And take and buy MP Starscream for $100.I ended up doing that with one of my extra Skywarps.Sorry but no I am not letting go of mine.You will save a chunk of change by doing that.

5. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I know option B isn't realistic. I was gonna put "plus cash" in the option, but for sake of discussion, I just wanted to get opinions and I appreciate yours :D  I am not a fan of, nor will I support iGear ripping off the MP seeker mold and selling KO's. I don't really want to argue about why or why not, it is just how I feel.

I hear ya and this is making me think of just keeping MP-3 and using him as a stand in for TC. While I am not a nazi when it comes to absolute screen accuracy, the Greenscream is more like TC to me than SS.

Other than normal appreciation, can you explain why you feel this way and how expensive you think it will get?

6. ALEXD3498

ALEXD3498 Godmaster

Well the mp-03 greenscream is rarer and harder to get than the white version because its older like mp-01 first edition is very expensive. It mat get as expensive or more expensive than thundercraker like 300 dollars trust me i got my god ginrai at botcon 2010 reissue for 110 and a year later its 350+ on ebay.

7. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

No arguments here. I know different people have different feelings about them, that's why I put the qualifier in.

If that's how you feel then I'd just buy a Walmart Starscream and use MP-03 as a Thundercracker standin. The aftermarket prices are just too high, in my opinion, for the actual Takara one.

8. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Option 4: Commission someone to paint you a MP Thundercracker from MP Skywarp. That's what I did, and this is how my shelf looks now. (I choose a more G1/IDW paint to him)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Inspiration shot:
    [​IMG]

9. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow, how much does a Thundercracker commission cost? I've got about four MP Skywarps.

Option 5: Pray to the divine gods that Hasbro/TRU releases a Thundercracker next year or the next instead of Prime.

10. doctajones428

doctajones428 Well-Known Member

Hmmm.

Depends how much you want to spend.

B) would be ideal, A) would be more likely

C) is just... bleh. I would rather have the real deal

11. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I know it all depends on the customizer. Some will do it cheaper then others. You may just want to post in the Radicons section and see if anyone will take the commission.

I know I trade a couple of things for this commission. A friend who I talk to and hang out with all the time did this for me, so I think it is cheaper then most commissions just cause we are close.

12. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    This. Just give an extra Skywarp the ol' "Krylon Touch".