MP Starscream Anime color re-release

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by carlodibi, Sep 6, 2007.

1. carlodibi

carlodibi Banned

Does anybody know if the Walmart exclusive anime color Starscream MP will also be released by takara in the japanese market? if so has it been confirmed?
    also will the anime accurate have weathering or battle damage? will the plastic quality be less because it is an american release?

thanks in advance!

2. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't know the full details but from my understanding it will be released in Japan as a USA Edition exclusive through e-Hobby. From my understanding it will be the exact same as the one sold in Wal-Mart with maybe an e-Hobby sticker slapped on. Therefore I would also say it will also be the same quality as the previous versions of the toy (along with the same QC issues). As for release I dont know but I'm thinking late this year or early 08.

3. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    F2F has the release listed as November. They are usually spot on.

4. carlodibi

carlodibi Banned

cool. thanks for the info guys. looking forward to getting that. just got MP skywarp today. just love it. i skipped out on the first starscream as like most didnt like the colors. takara really needs to make an autobot car masterpiece. what will they think of next? hmmm either way i am sure it will be awesome!!

5. carlodibi

carlodibi Banned

well it seems like the walmart version has weathering on screamer. will the japanese e-hobby be a clean screamer? like the way they did with the battle damaged prime?

6. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    The info I've recieved is that it will still be weathered, but the weathering will be different. I don't know if that means more, less, or just on different parts of the figure.

7. Sycia

Sycia Draconian Faction

Hmmm... the stores I go to say MP Screamer's going to be released in January next year, one of them mentioned something about weathering, but I'll have to check with them again.

8. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    The recent painted prototypes that have shown up have had dramatically less weathering than the first one shown off, and I believe the american-packaged figure we got photos of showed this as well. I thought the same info that said eHobby's weathering would be different also said the decal on the side of the nose would be removed but that has also been on all the recent protos. I think it's fair bet the weathering is toned down all around.

9. carlodibi

carlodibi Banned

well if the e-hobby will have less weathering then i am probably gonna go for that one. the weathering makes it look too much like a custom model or something.
    actually the original MP screamer scheme looks kinda of cool now. hopefully takara matches the anime color scheme similar to the e-hobby reissue anime screamer a few years ago.

10. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    theres a rumor that its been pushed to jan 08, FYI.

11. carlodibi

carlodibi Banned

off topic any release date for thundercracker yet?

12. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    The whole point of my post was to say the US and eHobby releases would have the same amount of weathering, US protos and in-package shots have proven that there's a lot less weathering from when we first saw it... save your money, get domestic, it'll be the same.

13. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

It hasn't even been confirmed there will be one, much less a release date.

14. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    I thought the "USA Edition" version of Starscream would be a mass release, not an e-Hobby exclusive?