MP Starcream Hasbro or....

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Crimson Primus, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Crimson Primus

Crimson Primus Deceptinut

MP Starscream Takara ( both in anime correct colors)......Since there are now rumors that Takara is going to re-release him in the correct colors. If you are still waiting to get him.....would you buy the Hasbro version @ 50.00 now or would you man up and get the Takara release @ 100.00 and better packaging.

GO!

2. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Hasbro MP Starscream.

B/c it's $50... thats cheap. And it's local, didn't have to pay shipping. Packaging isn't a factor b/c if I'm going to spend this kinda $$$ on a toy, I'm going to open it and play with it!

3. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    I perfer the Hasbro one. Besides, I don't like the paint applications upon the Takara version. The "dark green" color scheme dosen't seem to work.

4. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    It's not a rumor, it's confirmed that takara is releasing it. and the packaging for it will not be "better", everything points to it being the same.

5. Kupp

Kupp Ford Fanboy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Takara is making an anime correct version, I believe that is what is being talked about here, not to be confused with greenscream

6. Crimson Primus

CORRECT....NOT GREENSCREAM.

7. Crimson Primus

How do you know it will be US packaging....has it been confirmed yet?

8. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    It's been announced as a "USA Edition". Barring very few exceptions, those come in US packaging.

9. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Hasbro, even if the Tomy version was coming out first. They fumbled the ball originally, I'm supporting the company that picked it up and ran it in for the touchdown.

10. Max-prime

Max-prime Supreme-Commander

News Credits:
    the packaging will be the same only in japanese .... honestly to me kanji is not worth $50 plus $20 shipping.

11. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

From what I have heard is that Takara Tomy Version will be the same as Hasbros Anime SS but without the Weathering add on him. He will have a Clean look like MP-01.

12. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Digital art monkey

Seeing as the chances of me picking up a Hasbro Screamer are about as likely as my being elected King of the Universe, I'll have to wait for the TakTomy one. Besides, what with the pound being as strong as it is at the moment, it shouldn't be too much of a wallet-killer (crosses fingers). :) 

13. Sycia

Sycia Draconian Faction

I'm not too sure on the packaging... I haven't seen any releases from Takara (aside from movie bots) that follow their American equivalents...

Either way, the price of Hasbro MP SS is marked up so ridiculously high here, it comes up to the same as Takara MP SS (G1). I don't dig the weathering. A recent poster who cleaned out his dirtscream showed that the nose was blue, and I definitely prefer that over the silver coating.

14. RobotoChan

RobotoChan Nothing to see here

News Credits:
    Completely agree. The difference monetarily between importing from the US or importing from Japan is negligible now that the dollar and the yen are equally screwed. I also like the chance to practice my kanji reading skills which I cannot do with a US version, so a Japanese SS will be my choice.

15. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Umm... let's not forget that the latest rumor is that Takara's anime correct version is now being numbered MP-07, and that it's now highly suspected that it will indeed come in their MP packaging afterall. This is (apparently) why its release has been delayed.

As for the question at hand, I'm doing 1 Hasbro "battle damage" paint version and 1 Takara "clean" paint version. But as for dollars vs. quality, I'd vote Hasbro's version all the way. Unlike their version of MP Prime with the short smoke stacks, Starscream isn't suffering from any child safety modifications compared to the Takara version.

16. MattMoylan

MattMoylan Well-Known Member

I was about to get myself a Hasbro MP Starscream unti; I heard that Takara was going to do a cartoon colorus version as well...

Now I think I'll just wait & see if the Takara version comes with any extra goodies. (Prime's properly sized stacks were enough to get me to go after the Japanese MP Optimus over Hasbro's...lack of battle damage was also a plus)

17. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Honestly, I like the weathering, it kinda gives him the greying he had on the show... All that white would make him kinda glow, and look like G2 Starscream...

18. Quantum

Quantum Oh good

If I can secure a Hasbro SS for cost plus shipping, then I'm going with both. I'm inclined to get the Tak-Tomy version (rumored MP 07) over the Hasbro, but $50 is a deal that I can't pass up if I can get it. The hasbro SS will then become repaint fodder to up the Seeder ranks. And if I can't get a hasbro SS at cost, then I'm sticking only with the Tak-Tomy release (and hope for cape and crown).

19. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    The non show Energon characters were no different from their US releases, just with a sticker slapped on the package that read 'US edition'

20. Crimson Primus

The MP-07 rumor is what makes me believe that he will be in the correct Masterpiece packaging....I dont know....if anything, I will just go ahead and buy Wally SS and keep the receipt until I see which version comes out in Takara land. I just like the packaging much better then the US version.