MP StarCracker

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by CyberShadow, Oct 17, 2008.

1. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    OK, I got lucky. I found a Japanese MP Starscream at a price I could not refuse. At that price (under fifty pounds, including postage!) I knew that there were likely to be a couple of issues. I have MP Skywarp, so I know that SS is complete, but I have a couple of questions.

[​IMG]

The rear tail fin is so loose that it drops off. I still have it. I thought that a small drop of super glue in the edge of the slot, then popping the fin back in may help to hold it. Does anyone have any better ideas, or is this the way forwards?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What is the paint app like on these figures? It appears to be not so clean, and I wonder if this is a deliberate paint effect, or should I go ahead and clean him up. Particularly in the jets front air intakes, etc. There are also a few nicks and so on, but overall he looks pretty good indeed.

Finally, anyone know what this piece is for?

[​IMG]

Thanks.

2. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    im not too sure but i think u should clean him up?

3. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

the last part is the cap of the gun of Classics two pack, Megatron *the green tank*

4. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    Nice score but he has so many flaws its better to clean him and see see no touch! lol.

5. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Thanks guys. So, the extra bit comes from a totally different set?... Runs off...
    Oh yeah:

Megatron (Ultimate Battle) - Transformers Classics - Transformers Resources

Thanks.

I will probably clean this guy up a bit, but I wanted to know if some of the 'dirt' is painted on for effect, since that will affect the process. I guess that I could go for a repaint...? Overall, he is in pretty good condition, and I am happy.