MP Soundwave Reissue!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Ryan F, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Alexandros

Alexandros Active Member

Very bad. Another failure. Very dissapointed. This is how they do? Tried with water, soap..nothing works

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. cutestprincess

cutestprincess Well-Known Member

Haha, no problem. Working an extra long shift today, but I'll get through it knowing I have MP Soundwave to look forward to tomorrow! ;) 

3. Burbo

Burbo New Member

Yeah, the QC is very off on this release. I have scratches on the legs, and this weird splotchiness on the faceplate.

IMG_2940.JPG

4. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe the upcoming Takara reissue will have better qc on the paint.

5. FredVIII

FredVIII Well-Known Member

Really sorry to hear about these QC issues, you guys. Haven't had a chance to open mine yet and now I'm nervous . . . (Actually, I'm always nervous opening Masterpiece figures because of QC fears.)

Where did you order from? BBTS?

6. redjack

redjack Member

Looking closely at mine, I noticed small scuffs here and there (on the shins mostly; face is fine) but not like @Alexandros though. That's a bummer. Given this, any ideas about repainting to just even it out??

Given the small scuffs, I still like him. After all these years and being tempted MANY times to pay $250+ from aftermarket eBay sellers, I finally have one! And the 5 tapes to boot (sans Ratbat) plus the promotional diecast Soundwave is just nifty. I have Apollyon holding him now.

Also, the instruction guide actually lists the toy as a 2016 copyright from Hasbro in Pawtucket, Rhode Island...is that meaningful? Is this a sign that it might be released in the US? Or is it because Hasbro USA is the parent company of Hasbro Asia and thus the US Copyright holds up in the countries where Hasbro Asia sells?

7. Blaque_Ravage

Blaque_Ravage The Beast From The East

Finally got mines today and I did some close inspecting after reading and seeing some of the QC issues some people had. Only found a small scuff on his right foot but I had to look soooo close to see it which is nothing really especially with the issues some reporting here.

But other than it its well worth the purchase waited forever to get this,bought mines from BBTS. Glad to finally own him and I hope those with the issues get it fixed.

8. Robotmonkeys

Robotmonkeys Sons of Cybertron

Ebay:
    M
    mine has the same blotchiness on right side of the mouth plate. Mine also didn't push the cassettes forward while in SW's chest. I had a nervous 10 minutes trying to get Frumble out.
    All in all, I'm glad I finally have Soundwave! I hope to find a way to clean that blotch, it's very minimal.

9. FredVIII

FredVIII Well-Known Member

Nervously opened mine today and . . . QC was OK. Phew! What a relief.

I hope those who got a bum copy and get theirs straightened out. As a QC perfectionist (read: freak), I understand their pain. :( 

• Like Like x 1
  10. cutestprincess

Got mine today as well, thankful to report that I can't find any qc issues on mine. I hope it turns out to just a be a few unlucky figures and that those affected are able to get things straightened out. Gosh, this thing is amazing, I'm so glad I preordered it!!!

11. Thibkaji

Thibkaji Member

I got mine last week by finally opened it up last night...no spotchiness on the face or other silver painted areas, but did have a few small scuffs on the bottom edges of the leg (on the die-cast parts with dark blue paint). Nothing major and If you're not looking for it you don't even see it!

I also haven't had any QC issues with the cassettes, as the previous versions tended to have (esp. with Lazerbeak & Buzzsaw). However, it's only been a few transformations so I'd be interested to see how they hold up over time and repeated transforms.

12. TheLordoftheRobots

TheLordoftheRobots Active Member

Got mine from Kapow Toys ...no big issues...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  13. Alexandros

Alexandros Active Member

Toyhax is expensive. One sticker paper and shipping is $35. It does not make sense. When I send a postcard, the shipping is not $35. Rofl. Are they chinese?

14. TheLordoftheRobots

TheLordoftheRobots Active Member

Last week I spent 150$ in Toystages from Toyhax. I'am hopeless :-( too much money spent in toys

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  15. Mirimus

Mirimus Well-Known Member

I'm so on the fence now...the slightest whiff of any QC issues and I get nervous...and I have a hard enough time justifying the dropping of the cash for these as it is.

• Like Like x 1
  16. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Where are you and what are you ordering? I put a random sticker sheet ($7) and shipping was $3 for a total of $10.

Also: you do realize a postcard is not a sticker sheet, right? A post card is rigid and one piece. A sticker sheet (assuming you could put an address on the back) all the stickers would come off in the mail. You'd at least need an envelope plus to keep the stickers in good shape some cardboard to keep everything flat. The only thing I see that's $35 is fort max which is 7 sheets, that are likely pretty big. BEYOND all that, they have to actually design and then die-cut these stickers which means you need to pay an artist and make a die cut frame.

I realize you've only got 15 posts and you're likely not coming back to read this, but you're an idiot.

17. Xkcer Man

Xkcer Man Autobot

News Credits:
    Good QC on mine from Captured Prey.

18. kollekxon

kollekxon Well-Known Member

Just ordered from ToyDojo. I missed it the 1st time around not about to miss it again.

• Like Like x 1
  19. cutestprincess

Just gonna go ahead and say that I love this figure! It was worth every penny and might now be my favorite figure that I own. I'm glad the QC issues seem to be a few isolated incidents and not a majority. I knew I'd like this figure and have wanted it since I first started seriously collecting. I'm so glad this reissue happened because MP Soundwave has surpassed my already high expectations for the figure and is something I would recommend to anyone with an interest in collecting at all.

20. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are there any reported issues with the index finger tip popping off like on the first release of the Takara version?