Customs: MP Skywarp/Starscream MOD -am i missing something?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Ghost Prime, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

ok so i got my Mp skywarp afew days ago and obviously i HATED the wing tail fis beig stuck on the hips, the bastard who ruined the original designs for this mould needs to be shot! now we all have to mod the thing ourselves just to get the damn figure the way it was MENT to be!

anyways i looked threw the forums and found the threads about the mod and i started my own work on skywarp.............i the noticed something im not sure if anyone else has.

1.I removed the tail fins
    2.I cut down the side of the fins to smooth them out like shown in the diagrams
    3.I removed the 2 screws

it was then looking at the diagrams and the parts that i noticed something. The screw at the bottom once removed looks about the same size as the hole slightly above were the joints are ment to connect to hold the figure together in vehicle mode. Curious i went to see if the hole (originally were the screw was) could actually connect into the peg.

To my surprise ive found that the hole DOES fit into the peg and it all holds together perfectly once you file down the sides of the tail fin to smooth.
    I found the figure can also stand perfectly like this and in an up-right standing posistion. All i have to do now is either cut the top section off and connect it to the hips or glue them off and connect them to the under part of the wings.

Has anybody else found this out or is it just me? ive only seen the 1 mod desription/diagrams shown on page 6 of these forums.

2. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    Pics?

3. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    Meh, Kawamori owns you.

4. StarFire_MK2

StarFire_MK2 'Till All are One! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Pics would help; I;ve done the leg mod to 4 MP SS/SW's, and I'm not sure what you're talking about.

5. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

ill post pics as soon as i can

6. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

Kawamori > whining transfans

7. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Wow, that's smug.

Maybe he was just lucky?

Or more likely some of that stuff still lines up because it's left over from when the MP Starscream design actually still had the tailfins on the legs... it was only somewhere between the prototype and the final product that all of that changed.

Or another way of putting it would be, it was only in the very last minute that Kawamori made the stupid decision to hang the tailfin kibble off the hips, which not only detracted from G1 styling and made his legs look insubstantial, but also cocked up his lateral hip articulation.

Still, it's pretty cool that this makes it easier to turn the clock back on this figure, and make him the way he should have been in the first place. If it was intentional on Kawamori's part, I should at least give him credit for realizing that his changes might piss some folks off, and leaving a back door. :) 

zmog

8. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

I'm not the one wishing personal injury against Kawamori.

I think Ghost Prime needs to be sedated.

9. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Fair enough. :) 

zmog

10. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

so long as the drugs are free i anit complaining :p 

also in short - when u remove the 2 screws on the tail fin section - remove the BOTTOM screw and then file down the side part like orginally shown but then try and see if the hole were the SCREW was fits into the PEG section on skywarp/starscreams leg. You should find it holds in place very well like the original hole above it does which means all you should need to do is cut off the top section to the tail fin to attach it to the hips or back of the wings.

ill try and post pics tomorrow