MP Skywarp Question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SC0RP0N0K, Nov 15, 2009.

1. SC0RP0N0K

SC0RP0N0K Well-Known Member

I was just wondering how hard it is to find the MP Skywarp? I live in a pretty small town but there are 0 at our Wal-Mart and I doubt it will ever show up there, however in another town about 30 miles away they have at least 15 in one Wal-Mart alone. So is that what other people have experienced looking for this figure?

Just curious.

2. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Depends on how many your WalMart ordered. If you know for a fact that that other WalMart has them, then go there. It's just a half hour drive. That's nothing.

3. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Only the Wal*Mart Supercenters around here got them. All the regular Wal*Marts didn't.

4. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

I'm in a hicktown an hour and a half east of LA and I know one of the Walmart's were fully stocked with him. Donno if I'll get him though since I have the TakTomy version.

5. Trippanator

Trippanator Autobot

Ebay:
    Hey Scorponok, what part of Georgia do you live in? In the Warner Robins/Macon area there are tons

6. xterry

xterry Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    you can try to call the walmart near around you, and give them the item number, to check wather they have it, even they dont have it, you can still ask them to try around that store

7. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    aren't the supercenters the regular wal-marts? at least that is the way it is here.........anyways, MP Skywarp is NOWHERE TO BE FOUND around here....just like mp starscream.......*goes off and cries*

8. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

If things go this year the way the did with Starscream I'll never see it. Apparently our WMs got plenty of them but there was some lady going in with a box cutter helping employees open the cases and buying them all on the spot. She reportedly admitted to doing this at all the WMs in my area. So far my local WM has reported that they have yet to receive Skywarp but I pretty much expect the same as last year.

Man, I hate scalpers.

9. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've been looking like crazy. but haven't found one......yet

10. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    I went to about 15 different stores before I found him. I'm sure he'll start to show up more though.

Randy

11. deruberhanyok

deruberhanyok Well-Known Member

If you can't find one, you can always try the MP Skywarp Exchange thread in the FS/T forum.

To answer the question, though, I've seen plenty at the walmarts near me in MD, so I'd have to say around here he isn't too hard to find. I guess the catch is that it's reported as "non replenishable" so once they're gone, that's it.

12. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

I've yet to see even a single one around here, and in Cleveland, there's a Walmart practically every 50 feet.

13. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I hear you man My brother works maintenance at Nights at the local Wal-mart supercenter and he hasn't seen any yet and he has been checking for or supposed to be....

14. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

There are a ton at one of the Walmarts here. If you REALLY want an MP Skywarp, I can pick one up. Just send a PM.

15. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nope. There are two types of Walmarts when it comes to their department stores. The discount stores and the supercenters. You can find more about it here.

Anyhoos, I visited 3 Walmarts last Monday looking for Zhu Zhu pets for my niece. 2 discount store and 1 supercenter. 1 never received MP Skywarps the other had 10 and supercenter had over 30. I visited m again a couple of days later. All 3 had them. The supercenter had more out in 2 other aisles in the store making it over 40.

I spoke to the person that worked at the toy dept at the smaller Walmart and he said that they did sell out of their 1st shipment but their DC sent them more. He said he didn't order them since they can't. They just sent more to them. I think distribution hasn't hit a lot of places yet and places that sold out, it will be replenished. If scalpers keep snaching them up in your area, they may has to wait for a while till they make some kind of profit. Look at eaby and you will see there is no real money being made for MP Skaywarps at the moment.

I visited the Walmarts yesterday. Still no Zhu zhu pets. :( 
    But there and plenty of Skywarps still there.

16. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

There is only one "old" Wal-Mart I know of in my area, it is in Huntsville, none of these Wal-Marts Trussville, Attalla, East Gadsden, Springville have them, I have not the oney to get one, or the desire but I still like to see new things in store now and again.

17. SC0RP0N0K

SC0RP0N0K Well-Known Member

I live in South GA. Thomasville to be exact. About 20 miles North of the FL line.

Yeah, I already got one while I was down there visiting my girl. I'm thinking about getting another one this weekend. =)

If you, or anyone else wants one I'll be glad to pick one up for you. The only catch is I'm broke as hell so you would have to trust me and send me the money first. I'm totally honest though and wouldn't even charge extra for it, just the $60 + tax and shipping.

Same here, anything to help. =)

18. brollicon

brollicon Well-Known Member

try walmart website

19. Omega Jolt

Omega Jolt Hunter

Saw 8 in the City and a whopping 0 in my town (Mid. Eastern US). From what the toy department lady said the one in town will be getting them soon too so most Super Wal-Marts will probably get a few (normal Marts not so much).

20. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

There's 3 Walmarts in my area and only one of them has them.
    Or had, bought the last one a few hours ago, so no luck here sorry