Customs: MP Skywarp canopy question

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Lion, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Lion

Lion Aloha

Ebay:
    If I can get some opinions in here...I'm working on a MP skywarp. I admit my painting sucks, but would it look good with the orange canopy? Or would it take away from the asthetics of the robot mode as far as it looking more realistic? Thanks

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    considering G1 Skywarp has an orange canopy, I don't know how it'd hurt anything.

3. RedHeadKevin

RedHeadKevin Well-Known Member

Probably the best thing you could do if you want an orange canopy (I'm assuming you're starting with Starscream's yellow-tinted one) would be to add some red food coloring to Future ( or Kleer, depending on what part of the world you're from) floor polish. Then dip the canopy in the polish, let the exess run of the corner, and put it under something to keep the dust off while it dries. If it runs or drips or anything, you can use Windex or ammonia to strip the Future off. This is an old trick modelers use for clear parts, whether they're cockpit canopies or car windshields.

4. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

More realistic how? More like an actual F-15 (which what Takara tries to do with their versions) or more like G1 Skywarp's original toy? If you're going toy, I say orange, it provides a nice contrast to the rest of Skywarp's black coloring. Gray would just wind up blending in.