Heavy/Scratch: MP Six Gun

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by leobreaker1977, Sep 20, 2012.

1. leobreaker1977

leobreaker1977 Well-Known Member

Hi folks, here we have part 1 of a four part series MP Six gun. I always felt that the combiner idea was neat but I wanted some articulation from him lol. So I decided to do all four figures together (all though I am racking my brains on scamper) So I started out with sixgun, and a mark II titan suit....I painted him a metallic burgundy and flat grey and gloss black, flat sea blue, light blue, white and flat yellow...and the panel edged for scrapping/rub effect. Then washed in a "mud" wash. I hope that you like him and stay tuned for the next segment, up next is slammer. Comments are welcome and always thanks for taking the time to look.

Attached Files:

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

That torso is a little too long, but I like it.

3. stprime

stprime THE コンボイ that the Matrix refused

News Credits:
    lengthen the arms just a tad and put the guns on his shoulders or find some for his forearms!

4. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

After a second glance, I think it's more an issue of the arms being too short as opposed to the torso being too long. I'm wondering how it would look if the Gundam skirt was painted red as well.

5. shadeozero

shadeozero Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    loving it 11/10 six gun is one of my many favorite tf characters.

6. Notilator

Notilator Xenomorph4

Umm all, the people saying the arms are too short should look at the original Six Gun, look at those things! Realy look! I think he was just being accurate to the original piece....I think.
    Anyways very nice paint job, and I realy like the head, very good piece overall :) 

7. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

That's kind of a poor argument. I mean, one would assume that a custom - especially one that serves as an update to its older counterpart - would improve on the former aesthetic and engineering of the original.

8. Fiskone

Fiskone Aerosol Artist

Looks good but I agree the arms are a little short also think I would be cool to add the guns to the arms. Your getting a lo better with you paint techniques the scuffs and wear are really sharp.

9. Notilator

Notilator Xenomorph4

I suppose youre right, but can you argue that it's a sound reason?

10. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

I like the idea alot and I think the proportions looks pretty good.

11. leobreaker1977

@satomiblood, I havent decided if I want to leave him as is but right now he can still comapart and be used in city mode, how ever in cannon it says he is a sentry for metroplex when in city mode sooooo...If I removed the the two tabs and lowered the ball joint for the waist in side the hips it would be a little off the lenght off the torso. The arms I think are thrown off by this perportion as they are the same kit as the legs are. I feel that I have in fact achieved an update version of the G1 charachter as the original figure had 2 points or articulation and this one has like 13.

@Stprime I intend on finding a pair of twin guns to attach under the forearms I feel that will work better to give him his six guns ;) 

@shadeozero Thanks man, glad you like him!

@Notilator Thank you, the head is originally from G1 sixgun I just loped it off and then added a ball joint.

@Fiskone, I think that I will go with your suggestion for the guns ;) 

@Alloy Alchemist Thank you very much :) 

12. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    I never pictured or imagined Six Gun in that type of kitbash format! I'm loving it! My only dilemma with my interpretation is maintaining some form of posability, while retaining his leg rifles, arms that remain on his torso, and some way to reconcile the waist. Looks like a promise! And I'm glad that there are more Six Gun, and G1 Metroplex drones fans out there!

13. leobreaker1977

@The621, I am glad that you like him. I know that at the moment he only has two guns but I will take care of that soon, and give him four more. I believe I have seen a custom before where the builder had articulted both sets of guns (arms and legs) but I chose to go a different route...I love how he turned out.