MP Sideswipe Is The Right Size!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Movie PRIME, Jun 16, 2012.

1. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And we're getting exactly that. MP Sidewipe is almost twice the size of the original figure. So.. not really complaint worthy at all.. I can get that some, such as yourself, want an even bigger figure. But this is what we're getting, so why complain at all when we could be getting nothing. (I know you've said you've ordered this one, so I hope you don't take this as an attack)

2. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The idea (and it is just an idea) was how cool it would be to have a huge MP-Rodimus sized G1 Sideswipe, regardless of the new MP scale (we have MP-12 for that). As an aside though, MP Rodimus-sized would scale great - with MP-01 (as Rodimus does if you have him as Hot Rod).
    Me too :thumb 2
    I'd buy one!! :lol 

I used to have a 1:18 scale die-cast Lamborghini Countach when I was a kid (always loved the car) and it would be amazing to have that level of detail (interior/steering/engine etc) in a HUGE G1 Sideswipe. It wouldn't be Masterpiece Sideswipe, but it would be beyond Masterpiece, another level entirely... It would be a one-off display piece rather than part of a line.

*must... resist... temptation... to... customize...!!!*

3. LamboTwinLove

LamboTwinLove Lambo Assassin

I am tempting you more. If you wanted to take on such a project I would give you whatever amount of money you said for a Sideswipe that big. Just saying. and maybe a Sunstreaker....

4. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've got 4 of the MP-9 mold two for Hot Rod and two for Rodimus and I'm happy with the Sideswipe we are getting regardless of the size Hot Rod is. Plus I don't display my MP's on the same shelf.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Ha ha, I'd love to, but I'm not at that level of kitbashing yet! It's one thing when you can use parts from silmilar-sized Alts for reshells etc, but 1:18 would mean scratch building almost everything. Maybe someone will KO MP Sideswipe at a bigger size? Stranger things have happened...

6. LamboTwinLove

Oh no. I don't take it that way. I was just saying I can see the price putting people off. But then again the high price is the import fees and it IS an MP figure. I get the argument about it's size but I think voyager and dlx sizes need to NOT be in your head when comparing to MP since they are now going by a real scale.

And I think it's just hard for people to wrap their head around because before the rescale the MP line was thought to be more of a super detailed upscale version of the bots and cons.

And then people will complain no matter what. They'll complain it's Sideswipe and not someone else like Jazz, they'll complain he doesn't deserve an MP figure because he hasn't done anything. You can't please everyone and everyone will complain. But yeah, it would be nice if we didn't.

7. LamboTwinLove

CHMS! Where are you? Get on it!

8. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Can someone use existing photos of MP Sideswipe which were placed next to other figures (e.g. MP-10, MP Starscream, G1 Sideswipe, etc) but Photoshop it so that MP Sideswipe is next to some Deluxe figures? Figures like Classics Sideswipe or some Alternators? I never owned a G1 Sideswipe, and I don't have an MP-10, so it is rather meaningless for me to see those comparison photos. Surely, someone owns an MP-10 and some Classics Deluxes or Alternators, and can do a quick Photoshop size comparison?

9. AMG

AMG Old School

Great looking display.

10. Movie PRIME

Movie PRIME Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh come on if LamboTwinLove is will to fund you I don't see why you wouldn't try. It could make you a better Radicon,......and give me some more customs to look at! :p 

Thanks
    Movie Prime

11. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am looking at Amazon Japan and its like 40 dollars man !

12. Movie PRIME

Movie PRIME Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I cant seem to find him on the site. Can you post a link?

Thanks
    Movie Prime

13. jamarmiller

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mp 12 Amazon.co.jpF ƒgƒ‰ƒ“ƒXƒtƒH[ƒ}[ ƒ}ƒXƒ^[ƒs[ƒX MP12 ƒ‰ƒ“ƒ{ƒ‹ ¦Amazon.co.jpŒÀ’è“Á“T•t: ‚¨‚à‚¿‚á
    Mp 13 Amazon.co.jpF ƒgƒ‰ƒ“ƒXƒtƒH[ƒ}[ ƒ}ƒXƒ^[ƒs[ƒX MP13 ƒTƒEƒ“ƒhƒEƒF[ƒu ¦Amazon.co.jpŒÀ’è“Á“T•t: ‚¨‚à‚¿‚á
    Mp 14 Amazon.co.jpF ƒgƒ‰ƒ“ƒXƒtƒH[ƒ}[ ƒ}ƒXƒ^[ƒs[ƒX MP14 ƒAƒ‰[ƒg: ‚¨‚à‚¿‚á

And isnt the amazon ones suppose to be the ones with exclusive stuff with them ?

I was looking for a Soundwave and Red Alert for my boy and both Classics/generations and G1 encore (or hasbro) re-releases are the same price so I think Ill go with these instead especially since they are only a little bigger than the deluxe size ( if I am reading peoples comments correctly ).

14. jamarmiller

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you guys need me to act as a go between ( I live in Fukuoka Japan ) Id be more than happy to help for nothing. ( I dont think they ship outside of Japan ??? )

I hear the Amazon editions are limited and like I said suppose to have exclusive things with them so if you want me to act as a go between just lmk soon.

Probably the best way is for you to actually purchase them yourselves but have them ship to my Japanese address and then I forward it to you.

Just seems crazy to pay 80 dollars when it is actually 40 dollars ( does that 80 include shipping ? )

15. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The prices here do not include shipping. And honestly, that's a mighty fine offer for you to make, :thumb .

16. Hybrid Style

Hybrid Style AKA: TheFallen

News Credits:
    That is a very nice offer.

It cost me $84 from Robot Kingdom for the exclusive plus shipping to Australia

17. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    for those interested, mp12's preorders just reopened on amiami.

im glad i dont have to ship him and link seperately now

18. jamarmiller

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yikes.

I may be able to do US residents a little better too if they are willing to wait a few months . I could bring them back to the USA with me when I come back in March and that probably would save them half of the shipping cost. I usually go back to the states with 6 empty bags to fill up in America with food and stuff LOL before I come back to Japan

The negative would be having to wait From December to mid march. Of course if people dont want to wait I could ship them off immediately too.

19. jamarmiller

News Credits:
    Ebay:

looks like they are cheaper by 2 dollars !

20. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    i don't understand your sarcasm, if your like me and already had an order for october then you can add this to it instead of paying for shipping from multiple stores.