MP Seekers vs Igear

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jjtitus, Sep 30, 2012.

1. jjtitus

jjtitus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wanted to see what some of your opinions on the two. I know Igear are quite a bit less expensive, but would they stick out like a sore thumb if you put them next to TRU MP Thundercracker? Would I be disappointed in them when compared to TRU Thundercracker?

2. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have the Hasbro skywarp (first version) the new MP thundercracker, and the igear thundercracker. Honestly on the shelf from more than 5 feet away you cant really tell the difference. Up close its really obvious that the old version and igears have the smaller head, and you can tell the differences between the legs, but its not horrible or totally obvious.

If you had a friend come over that wasn't a huge fan but watched the cartoon as a kid, and he looked at them, you'd probly have to point out the differneces.

3. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    and aside from the head the other major difference between igear and the new seeker mold is the legs are thinner. But again, its not really noticable unless you're looking close.

4. jtscribe

jtscribe Well-Known Member

I have MP-11 Thundercracker, Hasbro Skywarp, and iGear Starscream. It actually works out well because they all have slight differences from one another. Makes them more individualized. Skywarp with the hip kibble is definitely the lesser of the bunch. iGear Screamer with repro 'con symbols doesn't look too bad at all IMO. Love the legs as well.

5. banjoted

banjoted Timelord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I have one of each mold (iGear, Hasbro Skywarp, MP-11 Starscream). While the iGear has some cheaper components, in many ways I think it's the best mold of the lot. It's certainly not a poor substitute in any way.

6. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I only have the Coneheads. They're great for lack of any other alternative in that size class. Bought them secondhand off eBay and only issues they have are loose heads (a little glue on the neck joints will fix that problem easily). Their other Seeker clones don't interest me at all but YMMV.

MP-11 Starscream looks great with MP Thundercracker v2. The only odd duck is Takara MP-06 Skywarp, but it's not so bad since I popped off the hip kibble and put them on his shins instead. I did buy a second MP Thundercracker v2 and plan to keep him as MISB until such point where I feel HasTak won't ever offer us an MP Skywarp v2 (then I can most likely commission someone to customize him into Skywarp for me). I do have MP-03 Greenscream (alt mode duty), Takara Walscream (decked out in coronation gear), and MP-07 Thundercracker (with the wife in Japan). I dig all the various MP Seeker molds.

7. jjtitus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks guys. I just wasn't sure what to expect if I substituted the Igear for the MPs, which unless they release more here are too expensive for me right now. I want MP-11 Starscream, but it's just too much. I worry about buying the Hasbro Skywarp due to the problems with that mold, so I was starting to look at Igear more. Thanks for the help guys.

8. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How is iGear more expensive then the MP figures? TRU Thundercracker is $70. I was looking at eBay yesterday and saw iGear Thundercracker for $98+29 s/h. Stick with the real deal and save $$$.

9. jjtitus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    IGear is less expensive than a Takara Starscream MP. Like i said, if Hasbro would bring the new Starscream over here, id get it. I already have Thundercracker. IGear is quite a bit less expensive than MP-11. Thats what i meant.

10. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

I read mixed reviews on the mp-03 figures and their problems so I was reluctant on going igear or mp03

11. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Punched a squirrel.

News Credits:
    I own... six, twelve, fourteen, sixteen... nineteen iGear seekers and the only issues I've encountered of any concern were a few wobbly heads and a missing set of missiles for my one Thundercracker. None of which have made me regret my purchases.

As far as looks go, yes, iGear's primary seekers seem off... but it's a very minor thing. AS It's been stated, from five feet away, The PP-03 Skywarp and Wal-Mart MP-Skywarp look decent enough.

12. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

The iGear seekers are comparable in quality to their Hasbro counterparts. The hip kibble mod is a nice revision that serves as a nod to the intended design of the original MP-03. Another thing about the iGear seeker aside from the neat wrist communicators is that the torso tab is long, which allows for the torso to stay connected in robot mode. The one on the MP-03 mold is too short. And its official revision, the MP-11, failed to remedy this.

13. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Igear seekers seem hard to come by these days. Are they for sale anywhere besides eBay? I wouldn't mind getting the skywarp.

If the torso stays connected better that is a BIG plus for me.

14. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Punched a squirrel.

News Credits:
    Well, the connection point isn't any worse than the Has/Tak releases...

15. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

You're right. In fact, it's even better.

16. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    At the moment I have igear's storm, lighting, & attack mixed in with mp11 and hasbro's skywarp. In my opinion they blend very well. I don't have hasbro TC with them since I like starscream being the only one with a unique head. As far as quality, like others have mentioned, there on par with TT/hasbro QC.

17. Sinestro00

Sinestro00 I Am the Highway

Is it possible to pop of MP TC's head and put it on Igear SS?

18. jtscribe

jtscribe Well-Known Member

Yes.

19. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    I own the 3 Igear coneheads. They fit in just fine. Thrust is probably the best IMO outta the 3 I own. 1 of the holes under ramjets wings has a stress mark so he wont be displayed with his missle rack attached anytime soon.

20. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    The only real disadvantage to the iGear seekers is that the deco is very plain - the tailfins have no stripes, there's a lot of details missing, no faction symbols, etc. If you have some reprolabels and don't mind doing some painting, they can fit in very well.