MP Seeker wing joints

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Swoop, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Swoop

Swoop Well-Known Member

After my MP-03 ended up with severe cracking on the wing joints, I decided to avoid this in future by buying doubles of Skywarp and WM Starscream, one to keep in jet mode and one to keep in bot mode

However, this is an expensive business, particularly given the prices you have to pay for them in the UK. As I'm on the hunt for a decently priced Thundercracker (who seems to be more expensive, typically!), is it worth going down the doubles route again, or do the seekers now have wing joints that don't break?

2. Mixmaster

Mixmaster logh ghot SIS yoD TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I can't speak for Thundercracker, or white Starscream, but my Skywarp shows no signs of stress on any of the joints, and he has been transformed a few times.

3. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    I've transformed my MP G1 Starscream few times, and all joints are just fine.

4. Swoop

Swoop Well-Known Member

Bump.

Anyone else had problems with the wing joints?

5. Viper08

Viper08 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    started a thread some time ago when i cracked the joint that swivels the right wing in and out of place (in other words where the wing is attached to the fuselage, the one that you pull out to spread his wing in robot mode), in the end i managed to repair the wing, read the thread and somewhere in there i posted what i did.
    Hope this helps ( I'm not sure where you had the cracks on the wing, so hopefully this info helps you man).

Here is the thread:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...n-about-repairing-masterpiece-starscream.html

6. bulletthebluesky

bulletthebluesky Mmmm... Beer

My walmart Starscream has been transformed numerous times and is perfectly fine. My "second wave" MP Skywarp however, that's a different story. I cracked the hell out of the joint that flips the right wing up after transforming it once. It was a bit tight but I tried it anyway... I guess he'll just be staying in bot mode from now on (which is pretty much the way I like to display them anyway). Can't say for Thundercracker... don't have him yet, and if I ever do get him, I'll probably keep him in jet mode anyway to give a little variety to the display.

7. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    MPSS - cracked on the second transform. I bought it during its initial release. It cracked again just a little while ago too...

USMPSS - no cracks, several transforms.

Skywarp - No cracks, a few transforms.

8. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My poor mp greenscream broke a few different places, though I have the wm mpss and mp skywarp I fixed though by removing the screws on the diecast slide piece. Basicly I transformedthe wings to what would be their bot mode positions and rounded the hinges the sit against that diecast slide because from what I can tell from greenscream the hing was lifting and pushing on the joint causing the breaking, so I didn't want to take the risk of it happening again to other figures. All I did to round the inside of those hinges was use a nail file and basically sanded the square edges away untill they were round enough to glide past the diecast during transformation.

9. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    MP-03 seems to crack the most. I didn't even notice mine until I heard about a lot of people having this problem and saw pictures of the area. From that point on I decided to stop buying the mold. I just don't like it enough to drop a $100 on it again.

10. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i have the wm ss and mp skywarp, no signs of stress or cracking on either of them, and i can't count how many times i've tf'd them

11. dark gundam

dark gundam PowerMaster

I have two Mp-03 Starscreams. The first one fell from the shelf while on display and the pointy tip on the tailfin broke off, sold him and got another, after a few transformations he had stress marks everywhere. I put him in his box and got the japanese USA version and have transformed him quite a lot, the thing is, he is white, and the stress marks would be pretty hard to see if they're there but he looks fine. My MP Skywarp is fine as well as he feels like he has a different grade of plastic or something.

12. Swoop

Swoop Well-Known Member

Thanks all! :) 

Will keep an eye on them and try the nail file trick if they show signs of stress.

13. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wouldn't wait for stress marks guy. The reason I did the filing was to prevent it to begin with. Its just 2 screws.