MP seeker mold,Old version compared to improved version.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Avengers, Sep 3, 2012.

?

Which version of the MP seeker mold do you like? old or newly improved version?

1. Original MP-03 seeker mold

26 vote(s)
    12.3%
  2. Newly Improved MP-11 Seeker mold

161 vote(s)
    76.3%
  3. Don't care..........

24 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm tempted by Thundercracker if he ever shows up in Blighty, but I own the Tak Skywarp and he's lovely. The tail kibble lives in a box allowing him to stand without balance issues.

I'm buying fewer TF's these days though, so I may just pass on the revision completely, especially if Hasbro UK pull their usual trick and make it hideously expensive.

2. OptimushedPrune

OptimushedPrune Impressive Member

News Credits:
    I thought the UK version was cancelled. As for me I'm happy with MP-03 as I like the ankle tilt and have no issues getting it to stand up, need a TC to complete the trio though but the way things are going it'll probly never happen.

3. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    I think it's the other way around. MP-3 was the prototype.

4. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    Nope the design of MP-11 was revealed years ago, before MP-03 was released. They then added Kawamori's 'updates' to the mold before it was released. I'd say the only genuinely new thing on MP-11 is the head.

5. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    ^ Any links? How many years ago are we talking?

6. Optimus Bruce

Optimus Bruce Human Germ

Months before MP03 and he's been out a while now.

Google is your friend. The only differences I can see between the first proto and what we got as MP11 is the head and lack of heels.

7. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Do a Google image search for "Masterpiece Starscream Prototype" and you'll see several pictures of the uncolored prototype on the 1st page of results. I think we were getting teaser images of the original, unaltered MP Starscream as far back as 2006 ...

8. Have A Cygar

Have A Cygar Well-Known Member

Yup, the head and lack of heel spurs are the only noticeable differences between the original prototype and MP-11.

9. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

I never minded the waist scabbards on the original version, and I HATE that the new version removed the swiveling feet. Having the feet be tilted up on their edges when the figure is standing with feet slightly apart makes him look terribly cheap, and ruins the imposing stature. The inability to have the feet flat on the ground when the legs are planted is unforgivable in a MP figure, for me, so I have to go with the original mold.

I DO like the new, larger head on the revised mold. Though it's a bit sullen; I miss Starscream's smirk, and the ability to give the three Seekers different expressions (even if Skywarp's grin was a bit derpy).

10. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i'm not so foolish as to think it would change the results significantly-

but looking at it again, the title of this thread is quite biased toward the new one. improved implies something is wrong with the old version.

i appreciate animation purists want a more screen accurate version (and now they have it). but personally I think the mp-03 mold is really elegant and much better looking.

11. Optimus Bruce

Optimus Bruce Human Germ

Yeah the feet posing is a step back from the MP03 mold, but aesthetically their definatley a step forward. The flat feet thing hasn't really caused me any problems yet. I have MP11 on a stand but MP11S is stood in a slightly feet apart stance and it doesn't look like he's standing only on his "big toes".

Some pics of both in my sig if you'd like a gander :thumbs2: 

12. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

It's sort of a toss-up between iGear and MP-11, to be honest. Both of those versions found different ways to improve upon the MP-03 mold.

13. Have A Cygar

Have A Cygar Well-Known Member

Well, the title of the thread might imply a bias toward the new mold, but the member who created the thread clearly shows a bias in favor of the old mold in his initial post, so I'm not sure what your point is.

To each his own, obviously, but I think MP-11 is definitely an improvement, and not just because it's more "show accurate". I think the whole show accurate thing is kind of silly anyway, because if any of these toys were literally show accurate, they would have almost no fine detail on them, and there's no way they would be able to transform into accurate alt modes.

But I'm not a fan of kibble, and MP-03 has too much of it, in my opinion. Aside from the giant hip kibble (call them scabbards if you want, they're kibble), there's also the shoulder kibble that sticks straight back. Hardly anybody seems to mention those, but they bother me even more than the hips do. As for being more elegant, the MP-03 might be considered slightly more elegant in jet mode, since its underside hides his robot parts better, but I think the MP-11 robot mode is the more elegant of the two.

14. Koolimus Prime

Koolimus Prime Weapons Expert

My Skywarp broke, but probably do to the plastic.

15. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

I thought subsequent versions of the MP-03 mold (MP-06, MP-07, Walmart) improved on the plastic quality.

16. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    bad photo quality from my phone but your wrong , you can have them completely flat as there is a tiny bit of swivel which allows a few millimeters of movement which is just enough

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. OptimushedPrune

News Credits:
    Not meaning to sound like an ass but those look more like they've been rotated than a swivel but I've never had the MP-11 mould in hand.

18. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    yeah maybe rotated but can still sit them flat and i don't think it looks bad personally

and yeah you sounded like an ass :p 

19. OptimushedPrune

News Credits:
    Never said it looks bad I just like the swivel on the MP-3 mould and with a few easy mods it's easy to remove all the kibble...and also I don't have the funds for MP-11 just paid for MP-12 and 14 and now saving up for MP-13 so for me MP-03 will have to do :lol 

20. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

hows kibble come off?