Heavy/Scratch: MP scaled G1 Mirage

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by TigerBlade, May 18, 2012.

1. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Finally he is done. This has been a bitch to do......he was originally supposed to transform but I gave up on that and made him an action master. Worst bit were the decals....maybe because they are/were so old they didn't like being applied!! I ended up sanding down the F1 nose and just spraying it white in the end due to cracking/bubbling decals. He is fully articulated and can pull off some nice poses and is sporting a G1 Mirage shoulder cannon and missile and hand gun:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With some of his other MP buddies:

[​IMG]

One thing I was wondering was wether to paint the blue section behind his white chest silver like the toy or leave it blue? I'm thinking silver might throw the whole thing off. Not sure.

Attached Files:

2. TWINTURBO

TWINTURBO Mandiprime97's badass :)

Nice !! :) 

3. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Glad he came out alright in the end bud! I think I'd probably add some kind of detail to those blue parts you mention (like the G1 toy had stickered vents), maybe a rectangle of silver or some such to break up the large area of plain blue.

4. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    Dude that's awesome!...I love it!...I'd be ecstatic to seething exactly like this at retail...

As for the blue vs silver, personally, I'd leave it blue, I think it looks great as it...though OTs idea of a vent sounds cool

5. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Thanks!

Cheers man, yeah full block silver would throw it off, I think I'd rather leave it blue then do that but some detailing might do the trick. I might see if I can salvage some chrome parts from some of the used Tamiya kits I've got, I think that would suit the aesthetic of the F1 car better. The vents that are on the top of the car/back of the robot would be perfect but they are obviously needed where they are!

Cheers dude, it would be awesome if a Ligier JS-11 Mirage was MP'd along with Sideswipe. I have a feeling it probably will but that feeling also tells me Prowl etc will be first to cash in on the repaints so it'll be a while till we see him.

6. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

I would love to have this on my self,great job!!

7. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Cheers man! Next to Jazz I think he is now my fave Autobot fig.

8. Wikkid

Wikkid Completely retired customizer

That came out looking terrific. It's always fun to see a re-shell.
    What went wrong with having him transform if I may ask. It looks to be quite similar in design to Jafs Mirage so I'm just curious as to what components became a problem.
    (I only inquire as I made one of these and pretty much copied it directly from Jaf's WIP images. Maybe we can figure it out and get him transforming)

9. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Cheers man. Yeah it's based off Jaf/yours :thumb 

It was the swing mechanism for the hood, I couldn't get past the unwieldiness of it....plus the hood never seemed to sit right on the front and seemed too far from the body. Here's a pic of it originally in place:

[​IMG]

TBH it doesn't actually look as bad now as what it did when I was working in him! At the time though it was all I could see and was doing my head in and he is in a pose where it doesn't seem so bad too.....iff he was stood upright it would slightly obscure his face. The hood isn't actually stuck solidly in place yet so it may still be workable but it's cool tho....I'm happy with it as it is as in hand he is a lot sleeker :thumb