MP Rodimus Prime Available NOW! online!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by zeroomegazx, Jul 21, 2011.

1. NormanB

NormanB Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seriously, how many of the people who had a knife to their throat wailing about not getting a Grimlock three weeks into the release cycle didn't get one at or around retail price? Take a deep breath everybody. It's going to be ok.

2. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    37 or 38, I checked when they first put them up.

So yea, people are buying them.

3. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

They done the same thing with Classics Devastator.From that point i swore them off.

4. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

Might as well get the real deal at that price too. That's total BS out of BBTS, it wasn't so bad with Grimlock but this is ridiculous. OVER 100%, not 100 % as someone else stated. It's scalping and they get worse every year on exclusive/hard to get items, ex. Warpath recently. Thing is they do it with insider knowledge that future waves will have the "short" issue or a restock and misrepresent. I'm done with them. I did get my Rodimi this morning before someone says I'm crying over missing out. ;) 

5. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    These words ring true.

I love the rage and immediate blaming on scalpers and calling for 1 per order limit. Maybe people don't realize that there are that many people wanting MP Rodimus or people like my self ordering for others because they don't have the funds at the moment or they're overseas.

6. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Great minds think alike.

7. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    You know what is funny. The fact that if you want to hurt BBTS you can. All you need to do is contact TRU and Hasbro and say to them that BBTS is selling their stuff.

Shit, all you need to do is find a Hasbro sales rep. TRU is in a big uproar trying to keep their figures as exclusives. TRU would contact Hasbro and Hasbro would force BBTS to delist the items or lose the chance to resell their products.

Pretty simple really. But I don't think you really do want to hurt BBTS.

8. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Here's another option for those that missed this. Like Grimlock, a restock is almost certain.

Just sit back relax and...

[​IMG]

9. Lt. Faceless

Dude,PM me the contact info.I'll do it.

10. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

I'll just be done with them, that's enough for me really. People will get tired of it and it'll come back on them whether I would do something or someone else. It would be funny to see someone do it though, I'd laugh so hard. :D 

11. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks, I'll be sure to set my alarm for things that I don't know are happening.

Fair enough. I recall reading that ~100 disappeared from TRU very rapidly, which is what irked me. But apparently BBTS only bought 40 or so in the first place, which is shitty of them but not as overwhelming as I feared.

Still, EBay "pre-orders" are already showing up for TRU Rodimus. Not just individuals selling from the con. Jerks are jerks are jerks.

I dunno, the con is on Pacific Standard Time. I'm on Central. So that means they put it up at midnight PST, which makes a sort of sense. But apparently with the actual quantities they put up doomed it to night owls, people with a vested interest in obtaining the figure, and lucky bastards. Note that the figure was sold out before the con site changed their banner from "coming soon" to "available now," which froze out the class of people who figured that would be a reliable indicator.

Don't tell me I don't have a right to be miffed when I check this site when I wake up in the morning every day. There are people with much more restrictive schedules than mine, I'll be miffed for them too. Does it ruin my whole day? No. Am I going to reward bastardry with $100? No. Does it help collectors for the bastards to know that? Can't hurt.

And I think if TRU fails to restock they will certainly hear some negative feedback from me. Drop in the bucket.

12. hailstarscream

hailstarscream UNICRONIAN

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i ef-in love this. too hilarious :lol 

i say everyone better start making nice with each other. because i know some places will have a ton and some won't. and if the people in the places that have a ton are mad at others, they won't help out. so, how you doing?

13. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    See, for me, I don't care that BBTS bought some. I don't care people bought more than one. That is a given no matter what the exclusive is... it's to be expected.

What I care about is the absolutely horrible way TRU handled this.

They created an SDCC page on the front of their website to collect all these exclusives. The page very clearly said "Coming Soon" up until 9 am EST. Unless you check TFW constantly (I don't, and honestly, I didn't think I needed to for this... they would go on sale when the SDCC page changed, or so I thought) you had no idea they were already selling them.

I checked the SDCC page before I went to bed, I checked again when I woke up (and kept checking assuming it would be on sale in the morning) and it was "Coming Soon" each time. When the page changed to "Available Now," Rodimus was already listed as sold out.

I realize that it would sell out fast, but I didn't realize that TRU would somehow be selling it before they officially opened the SDCC page. To me, I waited until TRU said the SDCC exclusives were available to buy, at which point it was already gone. That is poor form.

Even had I known I could get one (and yes, I would have nabbed one early) I'd still wonder why TRU is selling these elsewhere on its website while telling everyone else via its front page that these are "Coming Soon." To my knowledge, Rodimus was the only SDCC item that went up at this time, everything else launched when the page opened (or a few minutes before... but certainly not hours before hand.)

In the end, I guess its my own fault for relying on the SDCC page and the goodwill of TRU. The race for me to get one was over before the starting gun even went off.

I know I'll get one eventually, but knowing TRU this will be after the price is jacked up $20 - $25 when it's released in stores and I have to scour the forums for someone to buy one for me (the local TRU here is a dump.)

14. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    So true. One thing I notice is that people tend to help there friends on the boards. Next they help those that are nice and helped others in the past. The loud annoying ones that bitch and complains tend to be ignored. Now there is a difference on people that are upset and people that won't stop complaining. There will be other chances to obtain a MP Rodimus.

15. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    The same happened last year. With the exception of HTS. A lot of SDCC exclusives where available before it opened it's doors to the general public.

16. Lt. Faceless

Thats how i got Grimlock.I forgot all about him and walked into a TRU(months after his release)and found shelfs full(it also helps this is a not so good TRU).If i find a MP Hotrod,i'll get it.I'm not going out of my way(travel or money wise) to get one.

Also,on a side note.How is he still called Rodimus? Shouldn't he be Hotrod now?

17. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My local TRU told me they'll probably be in stock next Thursday. I have my fingers crossed.

18. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Exactly.

19. FCatCH76

FCatCH76 Autobot

I was just busting your ass, don't take it personal. I do agree, but there isn't much we can do other than not feeding the scalpers (personal or business).

Remember me and if you don't get your hands on one shoot me a PM, I'll hook you up as I have done for others.

20. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'll be passing a TRU while I'm out tomorrow. I'll stop by and see if he's there. Of course the 2 TRU's near me never got MP Grimlock, so I'm not holding my breath.