MP Rodimus Prime Available NOW! online!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by zeroomegazx, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    You can only get it from TRU.

I went down to my local TRU and they are hopeful some will be on the truck in the morning. The inventory number is 724463. Scalpers beware Deceptijohn is on the hunt!

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Yep.

The most recent case for me involved RTS Windcharger. There were people trying sell it to me for $40-50. I had to reject these types of offers for months before I was able to acquire one in a trade earlier this week (only took a $10 Lugnut), but it was worth it.

3. millerman3732

millerman3732 I remain unconvinced.

News Credits:
    Crap, I was under the impression that the SDCC stuff would be on HTS after the convention, oh well of to TRU I guess.

4. parrothead

parrothead Well-Known Member

Is there a way online to check your local TRU inventory?

5. Deceptijohn

News Credits:
    Nope.

6. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But I got mine and am at work.:lol 

It just happened to work in my favor though. I got to work, checked my mail, checked here, then got my Rodimus. Any other time I completely miss out as I have no internet at home and only get online when I first get to work or get a break.

7. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Wow, what is with the BBTS huge markup so early?

Rodimus is $120, Lion-O is $80?????

Lion-O isn't even sold out on TRU yet!!

That is one hell of a markup.... all of the TRU SDCC items are twice as much as they cost on TRU. Even for BBTS that's crazy.

8. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Guess we know where all the Rodimus' went.

9. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    120??? what a Bunch of crooks at BBTS. I bet they will sell out though within a few months of release, once people start getting desperate enough.

10. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    BBTS is doing that cause they know that they cannot sell the Japanese v1. So they have to recoup their money somehow. Not an excuse, but most likely their reason.

I mean think about it, you can get version one for $30 then this, why not do that?

11. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    BBTS has 33 "in stock" now. Anyone know how many they had earlier?

12. Deceptijohn

News Credits:
    Anyone that pays scalper prices this early in the release cycle deserves to be fleeced of their money.

13. diggs74

diggs74 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    for anybody that ordered this morning tru just offered free shipping on all comic con exclusives so if you call back they will issue a credit for the shipping

14. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well screw them, but the problem is it encourages the scalpers themselves. I don't care what you do with your money, I just care that Rodimus sold out before I was even awake this morning. And that's the fault of mass-buyers and of TRU for posting at a bizarre time.

If people hadn't made money mass-buying Grimlock (not to mention all the other times), they wouldn't be doing it now.

15. Deceptijohn

News Credits:
    It's TRUs fault for not limiting purchases to one per order/address/card/etc.

16. FCatCH76

FCatCH76 Autobot

before you were awake, wake up earlier. Mass buyers?? I'll leave that alone and TRU posting at a bizarre time?? What time would you like them to do it? I think they chose a time where website traffic would be a minimum and so people didn't complain if their site was down as they updated.

Oh and no, I did not buy a MP Roddy this morning, I will wait til they hit stores. I bought 3 Grims and then 3 more to help members on here. Scalpers are around because some people pay them to be around.

17. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Volcanicus Torso

News Credits:
    Somewhere Wearing The Dinobots As Gloves & Boots
    I usually swear by BBTS but, buying out TRU.com and then marking Rodimus up 100% is a rat-weasel, snake-in-the-grass, dirty thing to do.

The store exclusives shouldn't be bought up and then sold by another store. The fans are the ones that lose in this whole thing.

BBTS had their own exclusives that they were providing. I'm sure they wouldn't be happy if the shoe was on the other foot and another store came in and bought them all and sold them at a 100% markup.

In that scenario they would've had their loyal customers wanting to buy their exclusives only to find them sold out right as they hit retail.

Toys R Us is to blame in all of this too....they should limit the number of pieces a single customer can buy.

18. panzerjedi

panzerjedi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    BBTS wouldn't care. They made their money off the initial sale. No point for a company to cry over what-could-have-been-profits.

19. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Volcanicus Torso

News Credits:
    Somewhere Wearing The Dinobots As Gloves & Boots
    I beg to differ. BBTS spent all of their time and $$$ on developing and promoting a store exclusive only to have it essentially ripped out from under them, they would have some type of problem with it.

What does that tell your customers? "We have product X coming out in 6 months." In the meantime, They show pics, they give input on the development, they advertise the figure on the sites that they sponsor (such as this one.)

And then "poof!" as soon as they became available, TF Source came in and bought their entire stock.

They'd most certainly have a problem with it.

Why have a "store exclusive" at all then if any store can come in and buy them up and sell them on their site?

20. Deceptijohn

News Credits:
    Well an exclusive has a motive beyond just the sale for a brick and mortar store because it gets people into the store where they might buy more than what they came for. For an online retailer they just want that cheese so it wouldn't matter to them who bought them as long as they sold.