MP Rodimus HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Destron23, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Destron23

Destron23 Vehicon

EDIT: The issue is fixed! Thanks for all the advice. :D  It also turns out that the spring gimmick is separate from the helmet so there were no worries when detaching the helmet.

Well today I opened my new MP Rodimus and the toy's great, but I have a problem with it's head. I was trying to switch his Head from Rodimus Prime to Hot Rod and in the process I unfortunately got the Hot Rod face stuck in the back of his helemt.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I tried taking toothpics, nails, pins, etc. but I couldn't seem to get the face to pop back up. I went to get a set of screwdrivers, but I had nothing that was thin or small enough to do the job. It's hard to tell, but I believe there are two screw sizes. One that is bigger in the hole on the back and a pair of smaller ones on the bottom.

[​IMG]

I was wondering if anyone who owns the toy, or is perhaps a kitbasher, would know the size of screw that could do the job. I'd really appreciate it since I can't really return this toy because it was the last one at my TRU.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: The issue is fixed! Thanks for all the advice. :D  It also turns out that the spring gimmick is separate from the helmet so there were no worries when detaching the helmet.

Thanks for all the comments! :D 

2. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    Go to a dollar store and get a set of jeweler's screwdrivers (Usually a clear plastic case, typically has 4 or 6 screwedrivers). Then just keep them forever, becuase you WILL find them useful for EVERYTHING.

3. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

This didn't happen to me, but I did have a problem switching the faces and getting the helmet to completely come down. Anyway, I'm guessing a set of precision screw drivers will do the trick. That's what I'd try if all methods of prying and finagling were exhausted.

4. Destron23

Destron23 Vehicon

Okay, I'll pick up a set, hopefully it will work. Thanks.

Well what happened with me is that I was trying to close the head, but the face kept blocking it, so I pushed the face back a bit and it sprung itself into that position.

5. tchad

tchad Well-Known Member

happened to me last night - tiny screwdriver, i only had to partially unscrew the top and it came down.

6. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    Be careful taking that head apart, it has a spring loaded feature in it and could be difficult to put back together. I would loosen the bottom screws then try one of the flat head screwdrivers (that came in your new set) to try to pry the stuck part free. If that doesn't work, try loosening the top screw without removing it and try again.

7. Destron23

Destron23 Vehicon

Good to hear that someone else had the problem and it was fixable. So you only had to unscrew the top screw a bit to make it loose?

Thanks, I'll definitely be cautious. I still have to get that set though so hopefully it'll come with the right size.

8. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

If you have to take it apart, try sketching out what the head assembly looks like. That way, you'll know how to piece it back together if the spring and other part(s) pop out.

9. zeroomegazx

zeroomegazx I'm watching you...

News Credits:
    you can get his face out without unscrewing, just get his helmet back enough and you can pry it up with a pin. happened on MP 09 and my TRU one.

10. Destron23

Destron23 Vehicon

I've tried that but I just can't seem to pry it out for what ever reason.

11. Starstriker

Starstriker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sounds like a perfect reason to have a set of small screwdrivers. They are a must for all adult toy collectors.

12. Destron23

Destron23 Vehicon

Yeah, you're right. I've found myself before wanting to unscrew TFs to get batteries out but sometimes I never had small enough screwdrivers (plus I had no ambition to pick any up). I will say that when I get my set, I'll no longer have any problems with TF screws from now on.

13. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    This will be the best dollar you will ever spend.

14. Destron23

Destron23 Vehicon

It is! :D  Just fixed the problem right now (though I'll be a bit hesitant to switch his face from now on). Thankfully the spring mechanism was separate from the head assembly.