MP Rodimus broken feet?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by daytimeninja, Dec 1, 2011.

1. daytimeninja

daytimeninja Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I just received my MP Rodimus in the mail from the Cyber Monday sale, and both of the fucking feet were broken off! Is this a common QC issue? And is there any chance of me getting a replacement or fixing it?

2. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    The feet on this figure are... special. They're not well designed. Try getting a replacement.

3. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TRU should be able to replace it or refund you the money with no hassle. Just tell them it arrived damaged.

4. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear. I've bought four so far; all got returned due to different massive QC failures, but none had defective feet. Be careful.

5. daytimeninja

daytimeninja Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After hearing this and other stories, I might not return him. I can actually get the foot to stay put in a pose, just moving it in something different makes it fall off. Everything else seems good, but I'd hate to return it and get one with even worse QC.

6. bossprime

bossprime wrecker

Mine is fine

7. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It needs to be stated again, "Do not mail order TRU Roddy*! Especially from a place other than TRU"

*Unless of course, you have easy access to a local TRU that will exchange it for you.

Sorry to hear about yours OP. I would, if possible drive to a TRU and keep opening them in the parking lot until I got a good one. That's what I did, actually I did it at the Customer Service desk, lol.

8. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Where did u get him from?

9. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That is a good one,guess the TRU sales assistant is showing the type of face that you will not wish to see when you keep opening one by one,LOL

10. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    The feet on mine aren't broken, but the springs inside are loose. The right I managed to fix, the left is still loose, though he can still maintain good poses, just takes a little more finagling. Just can't seem to get that spring tight again.

11. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think there was 3 opened Roddy's sitting in front of her by the time I left, lol. Pretty ridiculous and I wasn't being crazy picky like looking for zero stress marks. I just wanted one that wasn't cracking around the shoulders or ankles, though my second one had a stripped screw in the forearm that allowed the swap-able hand to act all funny. (To me that's a normal manufacturing error that could happen on any TF).