MP Rodimus and Broken Dreams

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BaltMatrix, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BaltMatrix

BaltMatrix Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Today was a horrid day at work but my MP Rodimus arrived and that put a big smile on my face. Once I got it home however my smile turned upside-down once I got the box opened. The black panels that wrap around the bottoms parts of his legs were all broken off.

This is a warning to all who are getting the figure. Be EXTREMELY CAREFUL with those panels as they seem to want to break. Even in shipping. :( 

Edit: added a little video to show some of the bits that broke off.

Double Edit: Here is a video of what time I did spend with the figure. Sadly, it completely fell apart once the transformation started and I stopped recording them. But you can at least see the gimmicks in robot mode.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  2. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I'm so worried about this figure now. Damn it.

3. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Not only that but that Feedback thread on MP Rod warned of a number of problems.....

4. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I feel really bad for all you guys. :( 

I turned down the Japanese Rod due to money and not wanting the trailer, but damn if I didn't think it was one sick piece. Because of the QC and tolerance problems though, I think I'm going to start a policy for myself of reading or watching at least one detailed review before making any significant purchase.

The engineering is still amazing IMO, but the materials, assembly, and fine-scale design all seem flawed. I hope that later runs (such as the US release!) fix these issues to as much an extent as they are able.

5. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Yikes. All of these QC issues make me glad that I cancelled my AmiAmi preorder.

6. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

Ebay:
    Damn, I was really wanting to get this guy but after seeing all these problems he has, hes been scribbled off my list for stuff to buy this year.

7. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

I understand their are issues but i almost am thinking that they are being blown a little out of proportion just due to the number of people that have actually gotten the figure so far. I hope i am right about that at least.

8. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

i gotta say, that's just a complete disgrace! that really sux man and i sincerely hope u and hlj can work out a solution. honestly, i was so hyped to get this guy but reading all the little problems the last day or two has swayed me from ordering him now.

why would they release a fig with all these issues? especially one that's this anticipated, you'd figure they be extra detail oriented but it seems like the opposite's true. guess i'll wait it out a little longer.

9. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Yikes. I normally get new MP moulds as soon as they're released, but I'm getting more and more tempted to wait on MP Rodimus until a second run is released.

10. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can't even remember another figure that multiple people reported couldn't roll in car mode. Not to mention that one of the figures' modes is more or less disabled if one doesn't want to visibly scratch their $200 figure. These aren't isolated reports.

11. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

They'd better fix stuff like that on the poor man's version of that toy. That really sucks, though.

12. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

I know but i can hope dammit! As longs as nothing breaks out of the package i am not worried he will jsut go on display and stay that way. I will get the hasbro version to play with.

13. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear this. At the same time, i am really glad I had no interest in this.

14. BaltMatrix

BaltMatrix Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't even get the damn thing into car mode. It feels so fragile that I'm worried about it breaking even more.

I've recorded some video of the robot mode, accessories and the trailer itself and I will be putting it up on youtube, but other than that, I don't want to even touch it until I hear from HLJ.

15. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    haha.

$200 for a over engineered POS.

what a fail.

Glad i hate rodimus and did not consider buying this craptacular piece of shit.

16. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    Glad I had no interest in this item. I'm satisfied with the upgrade FP made for Hot Rod. Better bang for your buck!

17. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I ordered my Protector/Sidearm over the weekend. After reading the horror stories about MP Rodimus, I'm beginning to think I made the better decision. However, I do feel bad for those who are having problems with their Rodimus..

18. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can't say I'm shocked to hear that yet another Masterpiece figure is turning out to be fragile and breaking easily. Sucks for the people who paid $200 for it, though. I'll stick with FP Protector + Classics Rodimus.

19. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    we have reached the top of transformers engineering...and it has failed...and cost folks over $200 to find that out...hard tough lesson to learn.

20. PowermasterJazz

PowermasterJazz Well-Known Member

Shoot, I don't want to get it now. I was really excited about it too :( 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.