MP Red Alert revealed!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by kurdt_the_goat, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Uhm Hound is bigger then most of those atleast in the beging in season 1. He out plays all except Wheeljack.

Sunstreaker has like what 2 sentences and is whos like 5 min in all over the entier show.

I say if TT is not keen on having both brothers Sunstreaker is at the bottom.

2. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MP Jazz & MP Stepper will be great idea,am drooling over these though they are in my dreams now!

3. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Stepper that's his name, thank you. For the life of me I couldn't remember his Japanese name so I just went with the U.S one.:lol 

4. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    @SMOG Oh, bother. I went to NTFA to look up Sideswipe, but not Sunstreaker. Also I didn't know you meant the full Budiansky profile when you mentioned the "bio," which I think of as coming on the figure. It all makes sense now. :) 

Also, thanks for the, uh...info, on tfu.info.

5. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

That makes sense... I thought it would have been weird if you didn't already know about NTFA; it's far too indispensable. I generally refer to the long bios by default, unless there's something specific or different about the short versions. Often when I say things like "Specs" I'm using it as a shorthand for the whole package (long, short, stats, etc).

Maaaaan... I can't say why exactly, but lately I've been totally jonesing for an MP Skids... or ANY G1 Skids really. It's only really in recent years that I really looked at that figure and said "Y'know... that's a damn fine design!" I realize he'd be close to the bottom of the list for an MP release, but we're overdue for a nice Generations version.

zmog

6. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Yes the G1 skids figure is amazing. It got a cool alt mode and a greeat bot mode to and he comes in a whole bunch of glorious repaints :) 

I really dont care what order they come out, I just want all 18 Autobot cars ( not counting in hot rod, bluur and kup) in the same scale in MP format..that will be freaking awesome.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Yes.

Skids is a cool design. He's one of the leaner robots yet turns into a stout subcompact. I always liked that.

And his character in MTMTE don't hurt my feelin's none, neither.

8. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Eh, I will wait for color pics before deciding, but I might bite on it.

9. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Have you seen the alternators version? It's one of two alternators I have, and I love it. Looks far better in person than it does on pictures. Best without the flame decals in my opinion. and seems to be pretty well in scale with the new MP line. although not perfectly G1 accurate.

10. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No worries,since they have got the license for Lambor under VW,there is slight chance Porsche will be out,am sure keeping my finger cross though.

11. aurascope

aurascope Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Another reason supporting their decision for Sideswipe and Red Alert were that they were able to secure the Lamborghini license AND Lamborghinis look kick-ass regardless of their vintage. In the Japanese collector market where Takara markets their stuff, they might have a bit more sales from the casual car collector as well.

Skids, Hound and the other less popular cars are less likely to be favoured by car collectors.

12. SMOG

I never owned one, nor did any of my friends, so it took me a long time to really notice just what a great toy that G1 mold is. Very nicely designed. And the Diaclone version came with a scooter too, as I recall. :) 

If they keep to the standard that Sideswipe and Soundwave seem to be setting, I am behind that 100%! :thumb 

I also love the way his wheels fold under on his feet... something we actually didn't see again until much more recent toys. Glad he's finally getting some spotlight in MTMTE.

Oh, I LOVE Alt Skids. He and Mirage are my favourites in that line, absolutely. Unfortunately, I think he'd be a bit large for the new MP line, since his vehicle mode is actually a rather tiny car. Ever seen one? The first time I saw one of those boxy old Scions on the street, I was amazed. I thought they were small vans, but they're really the size of a compact hatchback.

zmog

13. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ Which is pretty fitting for Skids actually, though the comic artist somehow thought he was a minivan.

Well, WAY off topic now, but I agree that Skids and other Autobot cars should really be on the list for Generations. Now that they've actually done the majority of the quirky Decepticons that I was wanting!

14. SMOG

They've hit a surprising number of them in Classics/Generations. Most of the Diaclones are done (Trailbreaker, Hoist and Skids are the last ones, I think). We still need mor

Just my luck... we've almost got all the 84-85 Bot cars as Generations, and now Has/Tak is sucking me into the MP line! Bastards! :) 

zmog

15. Late Ironhide

Late Ironhide The Fallen Hero

I just saw on the Hub today one of the G1 episo Roll For It and I was looking at the size of Ironhide and Trailbreaker and from what I can tell they go up to Optimus Showders so if TT makes them into MP I wonder if they will have those two around that size and also I was looking at Soundwave to and it looks like he is as tall as Starscream so I wonder if that is why Soundwave is so exspinite [ms] much?

16. hoosierdaddy04

hoosierdaddy04 The Lord of Diecast

While this may be true for TFer fans. For Hound at least I know several Jeep fans that have bought G1 and Alt versions(including retools as other characters) that a MP Hound would cater to and bolster sales (Jeep fans are crazier than Cubs fans lol)... Though not sure if they would import from Japan... Well, they would buy a Hasbro release

17. ThisGuy

ThisGuy True Leader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really can't wait for both Sideswipe and Red Alert to come out but I am more excited for Red Alert. The head looks kind of funny IMO but I can look past it cause the rest is fuckin fantastic.

18. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Not that I would interested in them, but how many other characters can be made from the Sideswipe mold? In other words, how many repaints of the original G1 Sideswipe toy were there?

This should give us a rough idea on some upcoming e-Hobby and other company exclusives....

19. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    There was Red Alert, Clampdown (Red Alert with a police car deco), Deepcover (Black and blue Sideswipe), Tigertrack (yellow Sideswipe), and G2 Sideswipe (black and red).

I wouldn't expect beyond one of these if any are produced (other than Red Alert that is).

There's always the possibility that Hasbro will do a Red Alert in toy colors which would be very similar to Clampdown in robot mode.

Randy

20. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That's cool...I personally wouldn't buy them, but I wonder if that is why they started with Sideswipe. Doe he have the most "repaints"?