MP Prime Trailer

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by RageD, Nov 14, 2009.

1. RageD

RageD Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is this piece worth the investment?

Looks pretty nice and would be rockin,

but $70 seem steep for just the trailer.

Does anyone have experience with this product?

Thanks

2. Brave Convoy

Brave Convoy Banned

Which trailer do you mean? There's currently 1 official trailer (MP-04), 2 unofficial trailers (the upsized G1 transformable trailer and the Justitoys non-transforming trailer) and another unofficial one coming out next year from IGear (upsized MP-04 trailer with upsized Hybrid Convoy Roller).

3. RageD

RageD Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Didn't know there were so many, but I was looking at the MP-04 version from tfsource for 69.99

4. Brave Convoy

Brave Convoy Banned

That's the unofficial non-transforming trailer from Justitoys, not the official MP-04 transforming Trailer from Takara. It looks legit, but it's not. The MP-04 trailer only came with MP Optimus. It was never sold by itself.

5. RageD

RageD Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So probably not worth the money?

6. Brave Convoy

Brave Convoy Banned

Not if you're planning on selling it down the road some day. If if you want a trailer to display your MP Prime truck mode, it's the cheapest option.

7. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    If you can find it, the upscaled G1 trailer made by Dalianjj is the way to go. Though if the last eBay auction for it I saw is accurate, be prepared to spend over $200.

8. Brave Convoy

Brave Convoy Banned

I have the Dalianjj trailer. It's honestly not that amazing. It's just an upsized G1 trailer. I don't really think it goes well with MP Optimus's truck mode. Not enough detail in it. I prefer either the Justitoys or MP-04 trailers.

9. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Sell it! There's a lot of folks like myself that think it's perfect for MP Prime, and are paying quite well for it too. I was greatly disappointed by the MP-04 trailer (too short, kinda boring), so the Dalianjj one definitely works for me.

10. Brave Convoy

Brave Convoy Banned

Here's the thing about having a "big trailer", and this is just my opinion: it overwhelms the truck. It's just TOO big and the truck just loses some attention because of it. I don't know if that makes any sense, but I also thought the Justitoys and MP-04 trailer were too small until I got the Dalianjj trailer. Then I came to appreciate the smaller trailers a lot more. They look better on display altogether, but that's just me.

If you don't like the smaller sized trailers, just wait a few months for the IGear upsized MP-04 trailer. But that one looks even bigger than Dalianjj's, so you might see what I'm talking about if you get it and attach it to your MP Optimus.

I guess the best analogy I can make is that it's like putting Classics Optimus next to Fortress Maximus. Optimus has so much better sculpting and articulation, but he really loses something standing next to the ginormous, simple looking Fortress Maximus.