MP Prime KO long stacks ? Metal or Plastic

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by unmc2001, Nov 4, 2008.

1. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a question for the board about the KO long stacks for MP Prime. The ones that came in the little black box with silver lettering that says 20th Anniversary Extra Long Smokestack. It says on the box metal parts but I have several sets I ordered and they are plastic. Does anyone else have plastic ones?

2. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have both, they came in the same box. They both look the same.

3. unmc2001

News Credits:
    I got mine for under $10 shipped per set. How much were the metal stacks when they were available?

4. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Yea I got such a set when they just hit the "market", but they were never made of metal but hard plastic with silver chrome.

5. revlimiter

revlimiter Bot Hacker

News Credits:
    mine are also plastic and came in that same little box. They're some of the better plastic-chrome I've ever seen. I got them off ebay.

6. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I bought mine for $10 three years ago and they are, apparently, nickel-plated. The auction claimed they came in a 'special box', but the 'special box' turned out to be a plastic Gameboy Advace cartridge case, which they did fit in quite nicely but wasn't what I would call 'special'. As for the metal stacks, they look fantastic and are really nice and shiney.

7. unmc2001

News Credits:
    Thanks for the confirmation. A fellow board member left me neg. feedback from a 20th Prime w/ long stacks I bought from him. When it arrived the stacks were broken. He doesn't believe me and becasue he said they couldn't have broken because they were metal. I was not concerned about the stacks because I had several other sets I could use and I told him it was not a big deal but he still left negative feedback. It had not even occurred to me to leave negative feedback for the seller as the situation was easilly fixed by myself and a screwdriver. I was not even going to mention it to the seller but he PM'ed to make sure everything arrived ok, I informed him that the stacks were broken and the box was beat up. He had mentioned before the sale that the box was not in the best shape which I didn't care about that either as I was not going to keep it (it takes up too much space).