Customs: MP Prime Head disassembly?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Bern, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Bern

Bern Pathetic fools!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey all, I'm currently working on an MP Prime, and for the life of me, can't get the head apart.

There's a small screw in the back, and then what is most likely stopping the process, a flat-head pin through the ears. I've tried the heat-it-up-with-a-soldering-iron method.... no luck, and too risky for damage.

Also having the same problem with the wheels/suspension pieces.

Any tricks or tips? Thanks in advance!

2. Sabrina_Ng

Sabrina_Ng La Femme Fatale

Ebay:
    Ohhh ookkk..WHy would you want to unassemble his head. Surely there's nothing a little tape cant take care of? Good luck!

3. Bern

Bern Pathetic fools!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just want to be thorough (you should see the 10,000,000 pieces that an MP disassembles down to...). Was hoping to really get in there with the paint, maybe even an LED somehow. But yeah, I will mask if there's no other way. Thanks!

4. prime13

prime13 UCHUU KITAAAA

News Credits:
    i remember one time that i got the back peice of his head removed but couldnt take it fully apart. anyway i have no idea how i did it scince it was 5 years ago.

5. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Someone told me that if I wanted to disassemble the head I would have to pry the head antenna off that does NOT have the rivet in it. There should be a screw or something in there, then its just a matter of taking the pieces apart carefully.

You will be kinda disappointed with the head without the mask, there IS face sculpting under it. But its kinda creepy XD