MP Prime G1 Upscalled Trailer UPGRADE PARTS

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Mr_K, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Mr_K

Mr_K Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey hey,

like many on this board I forked out the cash for the KO G1 Trailer for MP Prime and it is definitly (in my opinion) the best MP Trailer. Well there were some people (most didn't have the trailer) complaining that although this one had roller and firing missiles it looked less MP because of the stickers...well here is your answer:

Upgrade Kit

That's right the same seller now has an upgrade kit that replaces the inside stickers and outside stickers with full 3D plastic pieces (by 3D i mean they're not flat...they're tactile like the MP04 Trailer).

So here you go, now you can have the Ultra Perfect trailer for those of you who don't like the stickers.

Personally I prefer the stickers....just that nostalga feel and that I never had a G1 prime, only G2.

There is also 2 other problems:

Price...$50US a pop without shipping (and considering I'm in AUS) is quite alot

The other is that getting these now instead of before means that I now would have to remove the stickers I have on there (thus destroying them - not able to get another set) and replacing them with the new parts. If these were avalable about 4 - 5 months ago when I got the trailer I would have gotten them for sure, but now I really don't want to destroy the stickers and then find I liked them better.

However I thought some people here might never have braved to put the stickers on in the first place (luckly mine turned out quite nicely) so this might be just what we've been waiting for.

Finally here is a thread at TFans where there are a few different pics (and thoughts) than what the auction gives: TFans Thread

Update:

A picture from the TFans link I supplied seems to suggest that the inside boards can rest over-the-top of the stickers already in place (which would be excellent) meaning that you wouldn't have to remove the stickers and I guess the plastic may also protect them from wear.

Also from pictures there doesn't seem to be any screw holes for the plastic outside pieces so I don't know how they would stay on...if they to can merely go over the stickers then I might be tempted to get a set.

I have emailed the seller enquiring about these points

2. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Very cool. But not $50+ cool, especially if you've already got the dalianj trailer.

3. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    They look grade except for the autobot logo. The overall form is too square.

4. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

i wish he would just sell the molded trailer stripes to cover up the crappy stickers..........id pay 25 for those. but i have no interest in techno paneling.

oh well guess ill call reprolabels

5. Mr_K

Mr_K Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I totally agree...which is why I'm not getting them :p  (I thought I might be tempted...I thought wrong lol)

I also just got an email back and, of course, silly me, you will have to remove the outside stickers in order to get the new longer screws in so that they are long enough to go through the new plastic inserts on the inside for the blue gunner stations.

6. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    it'd be awesome if he'd just add these to some of his trailers as he spits 'em out so people could just buy a higher detailed trailer straight-up.

7. Lapse of Reason

Lapse of Reason Well-Known Member

I have the sticker sheet if anyone wants it. $15 shipped.