MP Prime and Megs sized to match Grimlock/seekers?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by unmc2001, Apr 2, 2009.

1. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got my MP Grimlock today and have to say the figure is awesome. It got me to thinking, I used to wish MP Seekers would have been the same size as Prime/Megs, but now I prefer the size of Seeker/Grimlock. I wish we could get a redo of MP Prime and Megs with bot mode more in line with Grimlock/Seekers. The smaller scale is much easier to handle. Doubt it will ever happen though.

2. dark gundam

dark gundam PowerMaster

I actually prefer the larger scale Tf's and would rather the seekers and Grimmy had been done as big as Optimus and Megs.

3. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was actually thinking this the other day, then I got really pissed and said to myself they'd better not, because I've already spent $250 on the 2 combined. I really would be mad if they were to do this, then I'd get over it and buy em any way.

4. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I'm happy the way they are. In the past 25 years, I've learned (quickly) that scale is a complete non-issue. As long as the quality is there, I'm happy.

5. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    i wouldve preferred this myself.. but its such an awesome figure that i dont mind anymore :lol 

6. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    I actually think Grimlock is in scale. The alt. modes are what's key to me. Prime's truck mode would stand around 13 feet tall, while an average t-rex is between 15-20 feet. So if you put them side by side in alt. modes they are roughly in scale. Now when they transform their robot modes, if they're diffrent sizes, it makes sense. Doesn't work for the seekers, but they were in scale they'd, like, 3 feet tall, so I let that slide.

7. MC Rap Throne

MC Rap Throne unknown member

News Credits:
    Actually, MP Grimlock is the only one who deserves the 'Masterpiece' title IMO.
    And he's the first MP of a character that belongs to a sub-group (Dinobots), which gives us hope for Slag, Sludge, Snarl and Swoop. There's a reason for their absence in the Encore line, think about it.
    After the Dinobots, I wouldn't mind new interpretations of Prime and Starscream. Megatron is still an awesome piece, they would just have to scale him down.

8. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You do realize how bloody ridiculously huge the Seekers would be in jet mode, don't you? They're already pretty damned big as it is.

9. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    Word to the bird.

I'm just grateful as hell to have TF's as awesome as the MP line is, period!

10. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    THIS! Especially as I display my BTs with my MPs.

11. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Grimlock being smaller than Prime has put me off him, especially at the price he is. His robot mode should be taller than Prime's, not looking up to him. Although I guess that does fit with the drinks tray Takara decided was KEY to the character. :inquisiti 

12. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This. And I bought the Prime with the damn trailer too. As tempting as more in-scale MP's for Megatron and Prime would be, I'd be so aggravated if they rereleased them as slightly smaller versions. And then I'd buy them in spite of that aggravation.

13. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    If they made smaller, (mainly) plastic versions of Prime and Megs, I'd definitely buy them. They would fit in nicely as Universe G1 series toys, and it'd be nice to have a Megatron that turns into a gun that isn't ridiculously huge.

14. Alex5

Alex5 No Broken

Too right! If the 'out of scale' thing is an issue for you with TF's, it's one that isn't going to go away.

Besides, as far as the MP line goes, it does not surprise me in the least that the two most iconic characters, the leaders of each faction, get the biggest toy.
    Toy size is not the reason for MP-08 being the most expensive (not including Prime with trailer).

15. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

What is? :peoples:  (just curious)

16. tchad

tchad Well-Known Member

I hope its the overall detail. I just spent my alloted toy money for about...the year lol...on this. I held off because of prime being bigger for awhile. Then i realized in my mind prime is the biggest and best. As long as it is close enough to have them displayed on the same shelf im happy. Grimlock is most likely gonna be chillin with the voltron diecast lions though.

17. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Honestly, I thought I would hate this too.. BUt his size is so not an issue once in hand. His size seems right to be real with you. If the toy was in scale with Prime and Megs, he would be riduclously huge and bulky, and quite honestly, not as fun. I do wish Prime and Megs would be released in scale with them, they could compensate with prime by adding the trailer, and with Megs by adding the weapons kit.

18. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

After getting MP Prime, I do wish that they made him a li'l smaller. He's really unwieldy and super top-heavy, its hard to pose him. Plus if he gets knocked over he's been known to put big dents in my desk (the only place I have room to display him) I'm more lenient on Megatron, because there's enough issues with him being a realistic firearm- we don't need him being the size of a real P-38.

Btw, really *fun thing to do: Display a real P-38 with your gun Megatrons and see how long it takes guests to realize you have a lethal weapon amongst your toys :]

*really though, don't do this. You'll probably get bitched at and I'm just joking

19. Alex5

Alex5 No Broken

Sorry I didn't see your response until now.

Put it this way - global economic situation, cost of raw materials and lack of repaint possibilities are three factors (beyond size & weight) that affect the overall cost, and are not where they were when previous releases came out.

20. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't want Grimlock bot mode the size of MP Prime as he would be too big and bulky. I like the size MP Grimlock is now I just wish MP Prime/Magnus/Megs were the same size as MP Grimlock.