Customs: MP Megs Scope Mod help

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by not_prime, Jul 20, 2008.

1. not_prime

not_prime Still Sketchin

Ok, I've been searching around, and I've been wondering if there has ever been anyone who has modded the MP Megs scope so that it isn't as "tall" coming off his arm. I don't know if this is the right directory to ask this, but since it is the customs, I thought it was appropriate.

Attached Files:

2. StarFire_MK2

StarFire_MK2 'Till All are One! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I've been pondering that for a while myself. You would need to cut off the "base" (where the cannon locks into the arm plate), then remove the excess height with a dremmel or file on the cannon side of the "base", then epoxy it back once you're positive both sides are level and spend some time sanding with progressively higher grits (into the 2000+ range) to remove all the cut/file marks. Pretty simply, but very meticulous work.

3. not_prime

not_prime Still Sketchin

Yeah, I just was wondering if there was anyone who had posted that. Cause I'd like to see pictures of what it looks like before I try it myself. That and I don't trust myself to be able to do it unless I'm sure it'll work.
    Last I modded something I botched it up. It was the MP Starscream leg mod. I got it working, but it didn't retract all the way up the side of the leg, so now I have tailfin kibble getting in the way of SS being able to stand. So I want to be SURE that it'll work.

4. StarFire_MK2

StarFire_MK2 'Till All are One! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    As a work-around for that, you can sand a little off the end piece of the kibble--the part that sticks out past the rudders. I had to do that on all 4 of my Seekers, and they stand tall and proud ;)