mp megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by kjeevahh, Apr 25, 2007.

1. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    i saw this dude in the flesh so to speak for the first time yesterday... it's terrible! all akward shapes and skinny limbs, he looks like a skeleton.. i cant imagine anyone putting it next to prime or starscream, it isnt even the litttlest bit cartoon accurate.

anone else feel the same?

2. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

Well. I've got my Masterpiece Megatron right next to Masterpiece Prime right as I type this. Sorry that you're one of the few that don't like it.

3. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    sorry for ya man...

4. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My MP Megs looks awesome next to my 20th Anniversary Prime. It looks awesome period. :rock 

5. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No. T-800 Megatron FTW:rock 

6. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    i think he looks pretty dam good. Maybe not 100% toon accurate but overall package is awesome.

Sorry you dont like it though. But hey more for the rest of us that do.

7. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Not even slightly, no. In fact, I completely disagree with you.

8. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That's too strong a statement.

9. Zombie F Body

Zombie F Body Has left the building...

Considering the alt mode they had to work with, I think they did a damn fine job. I would have been happy for a decent one that didn't transform so as not to encumber the robot mode, but I think they managed to pull both modes off nicely. The show really took a lot of liberties with the designs and transformations. Trying to pull that off in real life would be impossible so compromises had to be made.

10. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    o_O 

-.-'

11. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm still stuck on the cartoon accurate bit.

12. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd say it's at least the littlest bit cartoon accurate. :) 

13. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    No.

For someone apparently so bent on cartoon accuracy, it's very surprising that you'd reference MP Starscream in such a positive light but trash MP Megs considering the only things that cartoon SS & MP SS have in common is the name, Decepticon allegiance and the fact that they're both jets. Beyond that, I don't remember ol' Screamer ever being sea green.

MP Megs, on the other hand, actually looks like Megatron from top to bottom for the most part, is the same size as MP Prime and turns into a gun. Seems pretty darn accurate to me. Plus there's no mistaking who he is on first glance, whereas a lot of people wouldn't know that MP Starscream *is* Starscream if his little platform base didn't have his name printed on it.

14. Kupp

Kupp Ford Fanboy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think he looks great, absolutely marvelous infact. He is the only MP I have bothered to buy, I have 20th Prime, although he does make me want MP-04 just for completeness sake.

15. peeman

peeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i can kinda see where hes coming from , as i'm on the fence about picking one up, i realise people want cartoon accuracy but they really would have been better making megs a tank so at least we could have an almost perfect robot mode, arguably a better alt mode to as i doubt many people display the toy in gun mode

16. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He is as cartoon accurate as the laws of physics will allow. Considering a few months ago the only transformable G1 Megatron we had was made from a mold created 30 some years ago, we are damn lucky to have this one today. I am sorry you feel this way, however words can not explain how fun he is to transform and what it is like to hold his gun mode in your hand and squeeze his trigger. As far as toon accuracy he comes with a gun and sword from 5 minutes of the movie, a mace which appears in one episode, and a character (Kremzeek) which appears in one episode. That is damn toon specific. The only flaw this figure has is the lack of Stock and silencer, and that is going to be corrected soon with the custom coming out.

I will always enjoy having Megatron and Prime kicking each others assses on my shelf.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Megatron is as cartoon accurate as MP-01/04. He's very beefy, (which suprised me when I got him) his arms and legs extend outward to give him more bulk ya know.

He stands fine. Anyone who calls him a skeleton needs there eyes checked, there is no way you could stare me in the face and say that torso is thin.

I honestly can see where these reports of his ankles and elbows being floppy can originate. His ankles are ball joints (mine were fine) and basicaly, one screw determines the fate of his fusion cannon. Mine were actually too tight, so I loosened them and, tada! HE'S PERFECT!

18. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

No, I don't agree in the slightest. MP Megatron is tops. Just as accurate as Prime considering the alt mode that had to cram that robot mode into. Pretty good job if you ask me.

19. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Looks pretty good to me man, Starscream looks out of place if you ask me...

20. Futureruleroftheuniverse

Futureruleroftheuniverse Well-Known Member

I whole-heartily disagree with you. It's awesome. although slightly hard to balance because of weight distribution with the scope, it's a wicked mold once you get to balance and display. Although I still love the MP-01/02/04 mold most, MP Megatron does the cartoon Megatron justice in a toy. MP-03's mold is awesome, but I wish they made the robot mode larger to scale with the rest in height... I did a pose with him and MP-02 pointing their heads and guns at each other... guess who had to look up?... The beauty of the robot makes up for the size IMO though. MP-05 megs definately does the cartoon justice, but hey if you don't like it nobody's holding a gun to your head and telling you to get it.