MP Megatron pricing

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Incepticon, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I've been noticing on all the sites that are offering pre-orders for MP Megatron that they have the price set at around $99.00 USD. That's cause for a few questions:

- It's the same price as MP Starscream and substantially cheaper than MP Prime, so could that possibly mean Meg's is going to be all plastic and light weight like MP Starscream?

- Do these pre-order prices sometimes change closer to the offical release date? It just seems odd that some stores would be offering MP Meg's for so cheap this early in advance. And if they do hike the price, how does that effect people that have pre-ordered it at the original lower cost?

- Is it possible that Takara has already set a wholesale price this far in advance, and that the online prices we see are already pretty accurate?

I've never pre-ordered TF's before, especially not Masterpieces, so any advice would be appreciated.

2. Optimal Optimus Prime

Optimal Optimus Prime The Ultimate Prime

My guess would be that 99 dollars is about right.

As far as previous releases MP Screamer was 99, and Magnus and Prime were both around that as well. Starscream is the only one so far made with mostly plastic.

I don't see him being the price of MP-04, which in my opinion was a rip off for a 70 brick/trailer w/out roller.

3. Overlord II

Overlord II Starscreamicon Leader TFW2005 Supporter

I believe that that is going to be the price for MP megs....Looking at the many many parts of Starscream's transformation Megatron will probably have die cast ala the original MP Prime. the Current MP prime going for about $170.00 includes a solid trailer for him, hence the higher price.

4. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I paid around $160.00 CDN for MP-01 when it came out and have seen it priced around $120.00 USD, so I thought that was kind of the going price for it. Not a LOT more expensive than MP Starscream I guess, but still a noticeable difference. Just kind of assumed MP Meg's would be the same price point if he is indeed the same size & weight as Prime with diecast.

Very much agreed.

5. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

I paid around $125 shipped for MP-01 so I'd expect Megatron to be in the same price range.

6. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    -Possible, but we'll probably have to wait and see.

- Sometimes prices go up a bit. I noticed my pre-order for KISS Rodimus at BBTS was at $65 when I placed it, but near the release they upped it to $70. I still got mine and my original price though, most places will honor the price you order at (unless the supplier signifcantly raises the prices).

- Very. In fact since the stores listed pre-orders, I think it's safe to assume they based their prices on what it's going to cost them, so Takara has very likely set the price already.

7. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Just make it $100, for the love of Primus, and quit pretending it's a better deal, Takara! lol I hate when companies do that.

8. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

I wouldn't read too much into it yet. When MP-01 was released originally he was around $100. I got mine for $90 actually. If anything it just means that Starscream was overpriced.

Pre-order prices do change sometimes. How it is handled depends on the store. Some will honor the original price, some will not (but will contact you to inform you of the change before charging your card).