MP megatron doesn't look right (I'm not talking about the chicken legs)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Unicron129, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Unicron129

Unicron129 Well-Known Member

I think that MP megatron looks really off because of his gigantic arm cannon. I have my Megatron posed with the purple gun, which he uses to shoot Prime in the movie, just so I don't have to mount the stupid cannon on his arm. I think that Megatron would look much better with an arm cannon which is in scale relative to his body size instead of his gun-mode size.

If other people feel this way, we should contact JUSTITOYS or FansProject and let them know that there is a demand for this thing.

It would only have to be one solid piece of plastic which slides on the arm thing so it should be pretty inexpensive to manufacture.

So, what do you guys think?

2. revlimiter

revlimiter Bot Hacker

News Credits:
    G1 Megs' gun actually looks pretty close to "good" on MP Megs. I ebayed a knockoff a long time ago with the idea of hacking up the cannon, but I ended up liking the KO too much to do it.

It it was cheap, I'd buy a 2nd cannon. The upgrade kit they sold a while ago was worth it just for the beefy metal leg pieces. A smaller cannon would go a long way in making the toy more fun to play with.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    One question: how does MP Megatron have chicken legs? What kind of messed up chicken are you comparing him to?

Anyway, I like the size of the cannon, I just wish it didn't have those pointless electronics in it making the thing so damn heavy.

4. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

When describing humans, chicken legs=very thin legs. Not bird like, just skinny.

Also the actual G1 Megs toy has a scope/cannon that's easily the same size (purportionally) as MP Megs. So I don't mind that much. But a stand would be nice.

5. Unicron129

I agree that G1 Meg's cannon is in the same ratio as MP meg's cannon. I would like to go for a more G1 look (Megatron looks kickass with the small size cannon in the comic books).

6. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    I hear ya man. I pose my MP Megs with his purple movie gun as well. The cannon is just way too big in bot mode but it looks real good in gun mode. The only problem is I hardly ever transform him. 2-3x tops.

7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I don't mind the gigantic cannon. Makes the weapon look imposing. It is heavy limiting poseability slightly though which is too bad.

8. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    The large cannon and never been a problem with mine.
    A little tilt to the center of gravity but you know... I like that.

9. on_a_warpath

on_a_warpath OAW 2010

I think the cannon is too big as well. At that size, the cannon would do a more effective job at beating the crap out of enemies than shooting at them.

10. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I love the guy he is an amazing figure. The cannon dosnt bother me a bit.

11. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    the cannon is a bit big, yeah..but its big to look decent in gun mode, and it actually doesnt look that bad in robot mode either...a smaller cannon would look bad in gun mode, worse than this one does in robot mode, imo...G1 megs' gun fits fine, so thats a solution....
    and yeah, i agree that the stupid electronics makes the thing very heavy and hard to pose

12. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am not bothered by the cannon either. Makes Megatron look badass & intimidating.

13. Coolhand

Coolhand Spiff's Stunt Double

I think, like a few others here, my own beef is not so much with the size of the cannon (it is "in scale" with the gun mode though does look rather big on the bot-mode) but more with the weight of the damn thing. It makes Megs slump, and my MP-05 actually has problems keeping his arm up and out in a "shooting" pose."

If someone were to put out a lighter version of the scope without electronics (and maybe make it a little smaller) I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

14. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't mind the size at all, but I've considered taking the electronics out to make it lighter. I haven't because I don't want to ruin it in case I decide to put them back in.

15. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    The size of the scope did bother me, but then I realized that the back of the scope pops off making it lighter and more in scale with the figure. But I still probably buy one more in scale if a company makes one :) 

16. Prometheum5

Prometheum5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The bigger problem with the cannon is that in bot mode it stands too far off the arm, making it kinda awkward looking. It is a tad large, but if it collapsed down to sit flush on his forearm it would pose and look alot better.

17. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Nail on the head right there.
    I'm fine with the size, mine poses well with his cannon (got lucky), it just sits too far off his arm. I'd happily lose the electronics regardless though, I rarely use the light, it's superfluous.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  18. Unicron129

I completely agree with those who believe that the scope looks great on Megatron in gun mode. Basically, my complaint is that the scope is nowhere near G1 cartoon/comic accurate nor does the scope lend itself to dynamic poses.