MP Megatron at tfsource

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by keebs, Feb 22, 2007.

1. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Not if it's adjusted for the size of the company. It doesn't say anywhere that $200,000 is a mandatory amount (as far as I know). Your point is negated yet again.

2. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Like triple M said, fines are often adjusted according to the situation. In this case, it could be different depending on the size of the company, the number of illegal toy guns sold, or both. Moreover, if you're a small online retailer that caters mostly to adult toy collectors, the chances that someone is going to report you to the government are small. Not every law is always enforced, nor do keepers of the law always want to enforce it, especially when it does no harm.

3. Optimal Optimus Prime

Optimal Optimus Prime The Ultimate Prime

Well, I"m sure glad that I'm getting him un-modded from TFsource......

Speaking of which do either of you guys (Mega Moon Man, and Dolza Khyron) have a pre order from TFsource for MP-05?

4. TimothyVernon

TimothyVernon Well-Known Member

right.. and the kinds of kids/people that would report this kind of thing, i doubt would be searching on these site with a credit card to buy something like this.

5. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

no, i don't bother preording toys. i wait for them to come out first. before i buy. besides i am still undecided on if i want megs, i mean i want him... but sure if i want to spend that much on one transformer, when there is so many g1 combiners i am missing...

6. Optimal Optimus Prime

Then if you're not sure about this figure then why are you arguing so much about it with the guys that are shelling out the cash.

from my point of view, if you're not buying it, then don't argue about how other members feel about the mod or not. If you haven't shelled out for it, you don't get to quote regulations.

Good luck with your combiners

7. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I do have him pre-ordered at tfsource, I got in weeks before the announcement of no more non-modded ones.

Hopefully I will get him un-modded, laws be damned, but I guess we'll see if that actually happens.

8. Optimal Optimus Prime

Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you 3M. I ordered him at newyears.

9. SunDown

SunDown Fatty McFatFat

While I hope you guys do get him unmodded, I would bet that it wont happen.....but if it does, cool.
    I think DK offers a point that is missed, the law is the law, if you can get megs unmodded and distributed here in the states its pretty clear that the company is doing something illegal and its rep could be questioned. For some that is enough to cancel the order, for others they just flat want a unmodded megs and support the illegal activity.
    I personally dont really care either way, my point of posting is to offer up a view of the "other side". Meaning the law exists for a reason. Do I care if my megs comes modded? no way, but I plan on opening mine and putting him in my display case, so before he goes into his home he will have had his blaze orange cap removed. So I have to ask, why do most of us care if he comes modded or not? Its not going to be a permanat cap. its installed afer the mfging process so it has to just pop on. If it pops on, it'll pop off. And if you answer to the question is that its going to stay MISB thats one thing but most of the pics I have seen on here show that most people have a MP or two outside of the packaging.....so to that end, why do you care if it hs been opened or not?
    I dont really see the big deal here...... for me anyway

10. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

By law, it is supposed to be a permanent cap. We can hope for a removable cap, but any company that uses them would actually still be breaking the law. One word: glue. If they put cyanoacrylate or some kind of epoxy in there to hold the cap in place, you may not be able to remove the cap without ruining the toy (which adding the cap has arguably already done)

11. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    if the caps are non-removable, then we just hope for someone to make a 100% accurate replacement barrel, like what agesthreeandup.com did with Prime's smokestacks.

12. *Deathblade

*Deathblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly I think everyone goin into frenzy levels about this on the different TF boards is only going to run the ebay price for an un modded megatron sky high.....not overseas like dealers don't read here

Personally I am not worried about it...considering I got Megatron,Megaplex, Black megatron, a bootleg black megatron and browning all through the mail with no problem, I aint to worried about it.